- The S/5 produces exceptionally low bass with tremendous impact and speed.
- Even difficult-to-render instruments such as pipe organs are dealt with effortlessly.
- Large scale, high end 2-channel systems make a perfect pairing for S5 and grand theaters are ideal.
- Scale is Very Large, Speed is Exceptional, Attack and Slam is Visceral.C
Continuous Cast™ Cone Bass Engine
- S/5’s driver features an all-new alloy cone structure that takes RELs mid-level product to a performance that exceeds the reference products of only a few years ago.
- By reducing moving mass, with a balanced approach to design, the engineering team was able to produce far more speed than prior designs.
- By carefully adjusting key parameters, they were able to increase the self-quieting key to a high end component’s ability to resolve space and inner detail.
- Improvements in their designs translate into enhancement in your entire system.
Carbon Passive Radiator
- S/5 uses a special carbon/carbon passive that is stiff, lightweight and incredibly well-behaved.
- Their approach to passive design results in performance more akin to a variable ratio driver size.
- On an S/5, think of it as a sliding ratio design wherein the S/5 begins as an ultra-fast 12” sealed box design and, as more power and deeper bass is demanded.
- The S/5 gradually morphs into the power and output of a 15” design.
NextGen2 550W Digital Amplifier
- Beyond RELS proprietary drivers, the performance of a REL is determined by their unique input filters and amplifiers.
- REL S/5 uses a simple filter-type that is very fast—about 8 milliseconds in group delay– to cross out unwanted higher frequencies to our driver.
- This speed and our carefully sorted filters allow for seamless blending of RELs with the main speakers.
- REL do not include a high pass filter to cross out bass from the main speaker because to do so would generally produce more unwanted effects than the minor benefits such a design confers.
- S/5’s power amplifier is a powerful NextGen2 550W digital amplifier.
- This design has powered thousands of RELs and has proven exceptionally reliable and very fast with deep, extended lows—it provides a perfect mate to their new driver.
Freedom with LongBow™ Wireless Connectivity
- LongBow permits very fast, uncompressed bass to be sent wirelessly within the same room approximately 45 feet.
- We have selected an un compressed format as it results in natural, quick delivery compared with conventional wi-fi or Bluetooth systems.
- REL has developed the LongBow with both high level (or low level with crossover intact) AND .1 channel delivery.
- So that REL Theatre Reference performance can be maintained even when using their wireless delivery system.
- Type: Front-firing active woofer, down-firing passive radiator
- Active Drive Unit: 12 in., 300mm long-throw, pressed Aluminium chassis
- Passive Radiator: 12 in., 300mm
- Lower Frequency Response in Room: 20Hz at -6 dB
- Input Connectors: Hi Level Neutrik Speakon,
- Left and Right Lo Level phono,
- LFE phono, SMA for wireless antenna
- Gain Control Range: 80 dB
- Power Output: 550 watts (RMS)
- Phase Switch: Yes, 0 or 180 degrees
- Amplifier Type: Next Gen II Class D
- REL Longbow Wireless capability: Yes – REL Longbow™ transmitter [required],
- Sold separately
- Fully Electronic with SET-SAFE: Yes
- D.C. Fault: Yes
- Output Short: Yes
- Mains Input Voltage: 220-240 volts, 110-120 volts for certain markets
- Fuses (semi delay): 5 Amp 220 volts operation
- 9 Amp 120 volts operation
- Dimensions (W x H x D)*: 17.5 x 18 x 20 in.,
- (444.5 x 455.5 x 507 mm)
- Net Weight: 69.7 lbs. (31.6 kg)
- Shipping Weight: 79.5 lbs. (36 kg)
- Finish (Gloss): Piano Black
- White Lacquer
- Mains Lead: Yes
- Neutrik Speakon
- Interconnect 10 Metres Nominal: Yes