- Net Weight: 84 lbs. (38.1 kg)
- Finish: Piano Black Lacquer
- Amplifier Type: Class AB
- Dimensions : 20 x 16.4 x 24
- Available Piano Black Gloss Lacquer.
Housed within a sumptuous furniture-grade enclosure finished in gloss piano black lacquer resides a long throw 10” long-throw carbon fiber driver powered by 450 watts of Class A/B amplifier power. The G-2 features the award-winning REL connectivity suite providing the most flexible and sonically transparent integration, weight and low-frequency authority to the main loudspeaker system. Employing an extensively braced enclosure sculpted in a truly sensuous shape, the G-2 is relativity compact and elegant with its finely tuned shape. Finished in furniture-grade hand-rubbed high-gloss piano black lacquer the G-2 will blend into virtually any interior environment. REL’s vast engineering experience is evident in the G-2’s power amplifier. Featuring a linear Class A/B topology employing MOS-FET devices, massive power supplies and transformers. Execution of build and component part choice is first-class resulting in extensive ruggedness and reliability. Mated to this bass engine is a tight-wind carbon fiber 10” drive unit capable of an exceptional pistonic stroke of 1-1/2 inches! This drive unit was necessary in order to generate the ultimate in loudness required to underpin today’s high-performance main loudspeakers.
The REL connectivity suite allows for using both high and low level input options. Exclusive to REL is the ability to blend and individually control both signals that, for example is useful in a home cinema system where the sub-bass system must reproduce both main speaker and .1/LFE low frequency content. Additionally, Class-D main power amplifiers cause no problem to the G-2 thanks to REL-D™, a proprietary circuit that creates the proper grounding environment for most Class-D amplifiers.
Adding to the overall user experience is the G-2’s IR remote control. The unique round disc-shaped remote features three rotary encoder dials that control all adjustments for HI/LO Level, Crossover Frequency and .1/LFE Level. Phase, and Settings Lock are controlled via toggle switches. Located on the bottom front of the G-2’s enclosure is a large, bright LED readout providing a visual indication of all the G-2’s current settings. Now, for the first time, setup and adjustment can be done from the comfort of you listening position.
When too much is not enough, the REL G-2 has included connectivity to allow multiple units to be used in conjunction with one another either in stereo pairs or vertically stacked towers. Doing so results in huge wave fronts of air, conveying the true power and majesty of a musical or film sound event effortlessly. The REL G-2 embodies all the traditional REL virtues of performance, design and reliability and is available for audition at your nearest authorized REL dealer.
- Custom-made 10” long-throw carbon-fiber drive unit
- 4500 Watt Class A/B power amplifier
- Separate Hi Level and .1/LFE inputs (single ended/balanced inputs/outputs) each with their volume controls (Hi Level - Neutrik Speakon / Lo Level – RCA Jacks)
- Extremely low crossover points, down to 20 Hz, allow accurate “blending” with the finest main speakers
- Daisy-chain”: High Level and .1/LFE inputs paired with matching outputs allow for connection of multiple woofers in either two-channel or home theater applications
- Proprietary REL-DTM digital amplifier input provides the appropriate impedance and grounding environment for most Class D amplifiers
- IR Remote Control (included) provides for all adjustments with intuitive feel and replicates the functionality of traditional REL rear panel controls (High Level Volume, Crossover, .1/LFE Volume, Pha
- Available in Piano Black Gloss Lacquer.
- se and Security Lock)
- Optional stacking kit that include rails, hardware and connecting cable
Type: Closed box, front firing woofer
Active Drive Unit: 10 in., 250mm long-throw, carbon fiber cone
Lower Frequency Response: 18 Hz at -6 dB in room
Input Connectors: Hi Level Neutrik Speakon, Lo Level single phone, LFE photo, LFE XLR
Gain Control Range: 80dB
Power Output: 450 Watts (RMS)
Phase Switch: Yes, 0 or 180 degrees
Amplifier Type: Class AB
Fully Electronic SET-SAFE: Yes
D.C. Fault: Yes
Output Short: Yes
Mains Input Voltage: 220-240 volts, 110-120 volts for certain markets
Fuses: 5 Amp semi delay 230 volts, 10 Amp semi delay 115 volts
Dimensions (WHD): 20 x 16.4 x 24 in., Including Feet and Rear Panel Controls (508.8 x 417.3 x 610.4mm)
Net Weight: 84 lbs. (38.1 kg)
Finish: Piano Black Lacquer