- Power supply : 100-240 V AC, 10.4-5.0 A, 50/60 Hz
- Resolution : 1,920 x 1,200 pixels
- Superior White Balance and Color Reproduction
- Powered by the acclaimed SOLID SHINE Laser drive and latest 1-Chip DLP™ technology, the PT-RZ970Series exceeds expectations with low-maintenance stability and vivid color performance maintained for longer
than competitive products over years of 24/7 operation.
- The Panasonic PT-RZ970 Series: made by professionals,for professionals.
Dynamic Light Control for High Contrast
- The PT-RZ970 Series directly modulates laser power output to achieve high contrast with low power consumption.
- Digitally controlled frame-by-frame scene-linking modulation ensures highly precise output adjustment, while accurate 10,000:1* contrast is delivered even when bright and dark scenes frequently interchange.
System Daylight View 3 for Sharp and Vivid Images in Bright Environments
- Panasonic’s premium System Daylight View 3 prevents images from washing out in well-lit environments and enhances brightness perception in multi-projector mapping applications by adjusting sharpness and gamma curves and correcting colors. The result is greater visual impact even in challenging conditions.
Detail Clarity Processor 3 Sharpens the Finest Details
- This unique Panasonic circuit optimizes the sharpness of each image based on the super high, high, medium, and low frequency components of the extracted image information. The resulting images are expressed with natural, convincing realism.
Dust-Resistant Airtight Optical Block
- PT-RZ970 Series’ optical block is airtight, ensuring consistent, long-lasting image quality for up to 20,000 hours* without maintenance. The optical block design passed stringent testing to assure utmost reliability in environments with up to 0.15 mg of particulate matter per cubic meter (based on American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers [ASHRAE] and Japanese Building Maintenance Association guidelines). The structure prevents brightness degradation from dust intrusion.
Selectable Operational Modes Maintain Image Quality Longer
Approx. 20,000 Hours*1 of Continuous Operation
- In Normal Mode, the PT-RZ970 Series can operate continuously for about 20,000 hours*1. In Eco Mode, this is extended to around 24,000 hours*1 of continuous operation. These modes enhance suitability for education and signage applications.
Up to 10 Years*2 Operation with Constant Brightness Modes
- In environments where full brightness is not necessary, such as surveillance, control, and simulation rooms, constant operation modes extend light-source replacement to up to 87,600 hours*2 in Long Life 3 Mode—about 10 years of 24/7 projection—with consistent brightness and color.
User Operating Mode
- In addition to preset operating modes, the PT-RZ970 Series can be customized to achieve your preferred balance of brightness performance or extended life.
DICOM Simulation Mode*
- This imaging mode is similar to the DICOM Part 14 medical imaging standard. It lends a film-like resolution to X-ray images, making the PT-RZ970 Series ideal for medical presentations and training.
- Rec. 709 mode for HDTV projection Digital noise reductionWaveform Monitor functionIP conversion3D color management systemAI scene controlFull 10-bit image processing2:2 pulldown modeProgressive cinema scan (3:2 pulldown)sRGB compatibilityDynamic sharpness control
Unique Contrast Sync and Shutter Sync Function
- The PT-RZ970 Series is among the world’s first to feature Contrast Sync and Shutter Sync functions (Patent Pending) for multi-screen and mapping applications. Contrast Sync allows the projectors’ digitally modulated contrast function to be synchronized over the network for consistent picture quality across screens, while Shutter Sync incorporates a master/slave principle to synchronize shutter on/off timing between all networked projectors. It includes simultaneous fade-in and fade-out functions.
Multi-Screen Support System Seamlessly Connects Multiple Screens
- Optimally adjusts multiple screens with edge blending, color matching, and digital image enlargement.
- Edges of adjacent screens can be blended and their luminance controlled.
- Corrects for slight variations in the color reproduction range of individual projectors. PC software assures easy, accurate control.
Multi-Unit Brightness and Color Control
- This function automatically corrects brightness and color fluctuations that occur over time in individual projectors in a multi-screen system. Control up to eight projectors connected via hub increasing to a maximum of 2,048 projectors with Multi Monitoring & Control Software.
Geometry Manager Pro Software (PT-RZ970/RZ970L Only)
- Geometry Manager Pro software expands built-in image-adjustment functionality and makes complex multi-screen setup easy. The free software includes color matching, edge blending, and other functions via network.
- An optional ET-UK20 Upgrade Kit for Geometry Manager Pro adds uniformity correction and numerous creative masking capabilities, while the optional ET-CUK10* kit activates an Auto Screen Adjustment plug-in, allowing automatic and simultaneous setup of multiple projectors.
- The plugin performs multi-screen and curved-screen calibration in three quick steps using a camera and PC connected to the projector network, greatly simplifying geometric adjustment, edge blending, color matching, stacking, brightness, and black level setup.
Geometric Adjustment for Custom Screen Surfaces
- Geo Adjustment adapts the image for projection onto spherical, cylindrical, and other specially shaped screens. Fine-tuning is performed with the remote control, with no external equipment needed. Paired with Multi-Screen Support System, highly creative mapping presentations are possible in variety of event and staging applications.
Single-Cable DIGITAL LINK Control and Video Connection
- Upward HDBaseT™-compatible DIGITAL LINK supports transmission of uncompressed Full HD video and control commands through a single CAT 5e or higher STP cable for distances of up to 150 m (492 ft)*. Add an optional DIGITAL LINK Switcher or Digital Interface Box to further simplify installation in large venues while reducing cost and improving reliability at the same time.
Backup Input Setting Optimizes Performance
- This feature allows smooth switching to a backup input signal should the primary signal be disrupted*, guaranteeing reliability for mission-critical control rooms, projection mapping, staging, and in other applications where image display must be maintained.
Early Warning Software ET-SWA100 (Optional)
- Early Warning Software monitors the status of projectors and displays connected to an intranet, and informs the operator when an abnormality is detected or predicted, or when there are symptoms of trouble. This minimizes downtime to provide more stable operation.
Free 360-degree Rotation
- Projection is possible in any direction vertically and horizontally, and the unit can be rotated 360 degrees for installation at any angle.
Reduce Inventory Costs with Shared Lenses
- The PT-RZ970 Series shares optional lenses with Panasonic 1-Chip DLP™ projector range, including the ET-DLE030 Ultra-Short-Throw Lens and ET-DLE085 Zoom Lens for long throw distances, reducing TCO for staging and event companies with large projector inventories. Lenses attach and detach with one-touch ease.
Supports Art-Net DMX, Crestron Connected™, and PJLink™
- PT-RZ970 Series is compatible with Art-Net DMX protocol for lighting management. This allows the projector to be connected to a lighting console, opening the door to a range of added functionality and control options.
- The included LAN/DIGITAL LINK terminal also supports Crestron Connected™ and PJLink™ (Class 1) for seamless integration of PT-RZ970 Series projectors into an existing AV network utilizing multiple device brands.
Multi Monitoring & Control Software
- This free Panasonic software offers monitoring and control of up to 2,048 devices over a LAN network from a single PC. For monitoring, status for individual devices can be listed in groups, with more detailed information shown separately. Control functions include power ON/OFF, input switching, scheduling, and command inputs.
- Connect any source device to the PT-RZ970 Series via its array of terminals including SDI (PT-RZ970/RZ970L only),DIGITAL LINK, DVI-D, and HDMI.
Web Browser Control
- The PT-RZ970 Series can be easily operated remotely over a LAN network via a computer’s web browser. Projectors can be configured to alert the operator via email if an error has occurred.
Quick Start, Quick Off
- The laser light-source doesn’t require any warm-up, so images appear almost instantly (in about 1 second*) with PT-RZ970 Series projectors. There’s also no cool-down period needed when turning the power off at the mains—the projector can be turned on and off any time as necessary.
Other Valuable Features
- Quiet Mode to reduce operational noise
- Lens-centered design and a wide horizontal/vertical lens shift
- Shutter effect with fade in/fade out (configurable in 0.5-second intervals from 0.5 to 4.0 seconds, or to 5-, 7-,
- or 10-second intervals)
- PJLink™ compatibility
- P-in-P function*
- Image rotation function
- On-screen menu rotatable in Portrait Mode
- Scheduling function
- 30 m (98 ft) long-range wireless remote control
- Anti-theft features including chain opening and security bar
- Customizable start-up logo
- ID assignment for up to 64 units
- Built-in test pattern
- Selectable 10-language on-screen menu (English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, Korean)
- RoHS Directive-compliant
- 100-240 V AC, 10.4-5.0 A, 50/60 Hz
- 1050 W,
- (742 W with OPERATING MODE set to NORMAL,
- 617 W with OPERATING MODE set to ECO,
- 410-588 W with OPERATING MODE set to LONG LIFE 1,
- 375-588 W with OPERATING MODE set to LONG LIFE 2,
- 349-588 W with OPERATING MODE set to LONG LIFE 3,
- 82 W with OPERATING MODE set to SHUTTER)
- (0.3 W with STANDBY MODE set to ECO,
- 3 W with STANDBY MODE set to NORMAL,
- 85 W with QUICK STARTUP set to ON.)
- Panel size 17.0 mm (0.67 in)diagonal
(16:10 aspect ratio)
- Display method DLP™ chip x 1, DLP™ projection system
- Pixels 2,304,000 (1,920 x 1,200) pixels
- Powered zoom (throw ratio 1.7-2.4:1),
F 1.7-1.9, f 25.6-35.7 mm
- Laser diodes: Laser Class 1 (Class 3R for US models),
- light source life*1: 20,000 hours (Normal Mode*) / 24,000 hours (Eco Mode).
- At this time, brightness will have decreased to approximately half its original level
- (Operating temperature: 30 °C [86 °F], altitude: 700 m [2,297 ft],
- dust density 0.15 mg/m3, Dynamic Contrast Mode: 3)
- * Includes Quiet 1/Quiet 2 Mode.
Screen size (diagonal)
- 1.27-15.24 m (50-600 in),
- 1.27-5.08 m (50-200 in) with the ET-DLE055,
- 2.54-8.89 m (100-350 in) with the ET-DLE030,
- 16:10 aspect ratio (PT-RZ970/RZ970L/RW930/RW930L), 4:3 aspect ratio (PT-RX110/RX110L)
- 10,000 lm (Center)*2/
- 9,400 lm*1 / 8,000 lm (Quiet 1)*1 / 6,000 lm (Quiet 2)*1
- 90 %
- 10,000:1 (Full on/off, with Dynamic Contrast Mode set to "3" )
- 1,920 x 1,200 pixels 1,280 x 800 pixels 1,024 x 768 pixels
- (W x H x D) RW930/RX110 498 x 200*7 x 581 mm (19-19/32 x 7-7/8*7 x 22-7/8 in) (with supplied lens [DLE170])
- RW930/RX110 Approximately 23.2 kg (51.1 lbs) (with supplied lens [DLE170])