- Bright and Vivid Picture Quality
- Power supply : 100-240 V AC, 50/60 Hz
- Weight*11 : Approx. 44.0 kg (97 lbs)
Bright and Vivid Picture Quality
- Combining 3-Chip DLP™ imaging with Panasonic’s original SOLID SHINE Laser technology, the PT-RZ12K Series achieves truly stunning picture quality. Two powerful solid-state laser light sources, a heat-resistant phosphor wheel, and three independent DLP™ chips for red, green, and blue ensures class-leading brightness, color accuracy, and contrast.
Accurate Color Reproduction
- The PT-RZ12K Series captures a more accurate Rec. 709-compliant color space than comparable laser projectors.
- A blue laser ensures greater precision, while an expanded color gamut improves white balance accuracy.
Ultra-Durable Laser Optical Engine for Continuous 24-hour Operation
- Dual Drive Laser Optical Engine uses two discrete light sources grouping laser diodes into modules. A failsafe laser light source redundancy circuit ensures minimal reduction in brightness and color uniformity in the event of laser diode failure, making PT-RZ12K Series ideal for mission-critical applications. Further, brightness decreases gradually and in a linear rather than exponential fashion (as is common to lamp-based projectors) over its 20,000-hour* maintenance-free service life.
Lower Total Cost of Ownership
- Large, pin-sharp images will not burn a hole in your pocket. Expect up to 20,000 hours*1 maintenance-free service at full power with no filters to clean or replace*2 thanks to a fully sealed optical block.Dustproof for Ultimate Endurance
- The PT-RZ12K Series has hermetically sealed laser modules, a long-life Eco Filter, and a new air-intake system to extend life and maintain picture quality in locations with dust contamination. SOLID SHINE Laser products exceed rigorous dustproofing requirements for operation in environments containing 0.150 mg of dust per cubic meter*.
Efficient Cooling System Assures Reliable Operation
- The PT-RZ12K Series employs a newly developed direct liquid cooling system for the laser light source that features a redesigned air intake and a solid aluminum heat sink to suppress temperature rises. This allows stable operation in ambient temperatures of up to 50 °C (122 °F)* while reducing operating noise to just 43 dB.
Eco Filter Extends Replacement to 20,000 Hours*1
- The Eco Filter has an electrostatic Micro Cut Filter that collects minute dust particles with an ion effect. It joins with a dust-resistant cabinet to enable long-term use even in punishing conditions. A long maintenance cycle of up to 20,000 hours*1 reduces hassle, and the eco-friendly washable filter*2 can be reused, reducing cost and waste.
- Panasonic laser light is no more harmful to eyesight than a regular lamp-based projector, as a diffusing lens reduces the concentration of beam energy. Accidental direct exposure to will not result in damage to eyesight.
Lightweight Design Outputs Up to 12,000 lm
- A new phosphor wheel material was selected to withstand heat generated by the high-output laser light source. With a custom-designed drive system optimized for thelight source, the PT-RZ12K Series can safely achieve 12,000 lm of brightness.
Original Panasonic Technology Reduces Motion Blur
- Together with a unique high-speed Real Motion Processer chip, Panasonic has refined the PT-RZ12K Series’ optical engine to enhance focus performance for a better sense of resolution, contrast, and fluidity. Real Motion Processor creates supplemental frames and interpolates for a fast 120 Hz* frame-rate, resulting in incredibly smooth and realistic reproduction of motion. Further, images of up to 120 Hz* can be displayed with Dual-link 3G-SDI, DVI-D, and HDMI simultaneous inputs
Detail Clarity Processor 5 Clarifies and Enhances Fine Details
- This proprietary circuit analyzes each individual image frame by frame to clarify areas containing fine details and textures. A new processing algorithm pulls hidden information from the super high, high, medium, and low frequency bands, sharpening outlines, correcting contours, and reducing ringing noise to improve the sense of resolution and clarity of fine details.
System Daylight View 3 Improves Color Perception
- This proprietary technology optimizes image quality to improve color perception of images projected onto external or internal walls and other surfaces or in environments with bright ambient light. With a brightness of 12,000 lm, the
- PT-RZ12K Series delivers clear and comfortable viewing even with the lights on.
Selectable Operational Modes Maintain Image Quality Longer
- While the brightness of conventional lamp-based projectors drops rapidly due to age deterioration, laser light source brightness decreases gradually in a linear rather than exponential fashion. The PT-RZ12K Series features brightness and color sensors to precisely optimize and maintain brightness for 20,000 hours*1 or more.
Approx. 20,000 Hours*1 of Continuous Operation (Normal Mode)
- In Normal Mode with maximum 12,000 lm brightness, PT-RZ12K Series returns approximately 20,000 hours*1 light-source service life. Eco Mode at 9,600 lm extends light source replacement to approximately 24,000 hours*1.
- These modes are suitable for roles in education or for signage applications.
Up to 10 Years*2 Operation with Constant Brightness Modes
- In environments where high brightness is not necessary, such as surveillance, control, and simulation rooms, constant operation modes extend light source replacement to up to 87,600 hours*2 in Long Life 3 Mode—about 10 years of 24/7 projection—with consistent brightness and color.
User Operating Mode
- In addition to preset operating modes, the PT-RZ12K Series can be customized to achieve your preferred balance of brightness or extended life. Brightness can be set from 2,300 to 12,000 lm or the lifetime set to a maximum of 10 years.
Waveform Monitor Function
- When source device output level fluctuates due to the performance of the device or its cable connections, the original black and white levels of the image cannot be reproduced correctly. The PT-RZ12K Series displays the waveforms on screen where they can be adjusted either automatically or manually as preferred.
DICOM Simulation Mode*
- This imaging mode is similar to the DICOM Part 14 medical imaging standard. It lends a film-like resolution to X-ray images, making the PT-RZ12K Series ideal for medical presentations and training.
Rec. 709 Mode for HDTV Projection
- Optimal color reproduction can be achieved by selecting this mode, compliant with ITU-R Recommendation BT.709, when images from an HDTV source are projected.
Active 3D Projection Capability
- The PT-RZ12K Series is compatible with active 3D projection technology. It supports a separate, external 100/120/144 Hz drive, IR emitter, and active-shutter glasses, or an active filter and passive glasses for viewing 3D images.
Advanced Technologies for Excellent Image Quality
- 3D color matching
- Full 10-bit image processing
- Digital cinema reality
- IP conversion
- 2:2 pulldown function
- sRGB compatibility
Flexible Setup and Smooth Operation
- Unlike conventional lamp-based projectors, the PT-RZ12K Series’ SOLID SHINE Laser system allows free 360-degree installation through any axis. Together with powered lens shift and a wide range of optional lenses, the projector can be mounted in any way desired without picture distortion.
Single-Cable DIGITAL LINK Connection
- DIGITAL LINK supports transmission of uncompressed HD video, audio*1, and control commands through a single cable (CAT 5e or higher STP cable) for distances of up to 150 m (492 ft)*2. Add an optional DIGITAL LINK Switcher or Digital Interface Box to further simplify installation complexity in large venues while reducing cost and improving reliability at the same time.
Multi-Screen Support System Seamlessly Connects Multiple Screens
- Optimally adjusts multiple screens with edge blending, color matching, and digital image enlargement.
- The edges of adjacent screens can be blended and their luminance controlled.
- This function corrects for slight variations in the color reproduction range of individual projectors. PC software assures easy, accurate control.
Digital Image Enlarging
- PT-RZ12K Series features a digital zoom function that allows images to be enlarged up to 10 times (horizontally and vertically)*. Up to 100 units (10 x 10) can be edge-blended at a time to create large, multi-screen images.
Multi-Unit Brightness/Color Control
- This function automatically corrects brightness and color fluctuations that occur over time in individual projectors in a multi-screen system. Up to eight projectors connected by a hub can be controlled increasing to a maximum of 2,048 projectors with Multi Monitoring & Control Software.
Geometric Adjustment for Specially Shaped Screens
- This function adjusts the image for projection onto spherical, cylindrical, and other specially shaped screens. Adjustments can be easily made using only the remote control, with no external equipment needed. 4-Corner Adjustment and Keep Aspect Off functions also simplify fine adjustment.
Optional Upgrade Kit (ET-UK20) Featuring Geometry Manager Pro
- Geometry Manager Pro software included in Panasonic’s optional upgrade kit (ET-UK20) supports color matching, edge blending, uniformity correction, and other useful functions for multi-projector setups up to a maximum of 64 units. It also enables creative masking using four lines or bitmap data. Its flexible yet sophisticated geometric adjustment capability suits a wide variety of screen shapes. Further, PT-RZ12K Series projectors support the optional ET-CUK10 Auto Screen Adjustment Upgrade Kit*.
Backup Input Setting Assures Reliability and Optimizes Performance
- The Backup Input Setting allows the signal to be switched to the backup input signal as smoothly as possible should the primary input signal be disrupted*. This function ensures high reliability and is ideal for mission-critical control rooms, projection mapping, staging, and other applications where image display should not be interrupted.
Quick Start, Quick Off
- The laser light source does not require time to warm up, so the image appears almost instantly with PT-RZ12K Series projectors. There’s also no cooling time required when turning the power off, so you can quickly turn the projector on and off as many times as needed.
Art-Net DMX Compatible
- PT-RZ12K Series is compatible with Art-Net DMX protocol for lighting management. Art-Net compatibility allows the projector to be connected to a lighting console with easy control of functions such as shutter on/off, input change, power on/off, etc., together with lighting control.
- Connect any source device to the PT-RZ12K Series via its array of terminals including 3G-SDI, DIGITAL LINK, DVI-D,and HDMI.
Multi Monitoring & Control Software
- This software lets you control and monitor multiple projectors/displays at the same time over wired LAN. If a problem occurs, an alert is sent to the monitoring/controlling PC.
Early Warning Software ET-SWA100 (Optional)
- Early Warning Software monitors the status of projectors and displays connected to an intranet, and informs the operator when an abnormality is detected or predicted, and when there are symptoms of trouble. This minimizes downtime to provide more stable operation.
Shares Common Lenses
- The PT-RZ12K Series share optional lenses with Panasonic 3-Chip DLP™ projector range, including the ET-D75LE90 ultra-short throw lens.
World’s Shortest Throw*1 Lens for 3-Chip DLP™ Projectors
- Mount the newly developed ET-D75LE90 Ultra-Short-Throw Lens onto supported Panasonic 3-Chip DLP™ projectors*2 and reduce projection distance by approximately 60 % compared with our ET-D75LE50 Short-Throw Lens. This results in huge space savings and allows the high brightness and picture quality of the PT-RZ12K Series to be exploited in smaller locations.
Other Valuable Features
- Lens-centered design
- Shutter effect with fade in/out
- P-in-P function*
- Image rotation function
- Scheduling function
- 30 m (98.4 ft) long-range wireless remote control with LED backlight
- Anti-theft features with chain opening
- Control device setup function
- ID assignment for up to 64 units
- Built-in test pattern
- Selectable 10-language on-screen menu
Made in Japan
- All PT-RZ12K Series projectors are carefully manufactured at the Panasonic factory in Japan under strict quality control conditions. Japanese quality assurance is yet another persuasive reason to select a Panasonic projector.
- 100-240 V AC, 50/60 Hz
- 1,200 W (1,280 VA), (Average power consumption:
- 800 W with OPERATING MODE set to NORMAL,
- 680 W with OPERATING MODE set to ECO,
- 620 W with OPERATING MODE set to LONG LIFE 1,
- 590 W with OPERATING MODE set to LONG LIFE 2,
- 550 W with OPERATING MODE set to LONG LIFE 3)
- (0.3 W with STANDBY MODE set to ECO,*2 4 W with STANDBY MODE set to NORMAL.)
- Panel size 24.4 mm (0.96 in) diagonal (16:10 aspect ratio)
- Display method DLP™ chip x 3, DLP™ projection system
- Pixels 2,304,000 (1,920 x 1,200) x 3,total of 6,912,000 pixels
- 120 Hz*3
- Optional powered zoom and fixed-focus lenses
- Laser diode (laser class: class 1), Light source life*4:
- 20,000 hours (Normal Mode) / 24,000 hours (Eco Mode)
Screen size (diagonal)
- 1.78-25.4 m (70-1,000 in),1.78-15.24 m (70-600 in)
with the ET-D75LE8,
- 3.05-15.24 m (120-600 in) with the ET-D75LE90,
16:10 aspect ratio
- 12,000 lm
- 5 90 %
- 20,000:1 (full on/off, with Dynamic Contrast Mode set to “3” )
- 1,920 x 1,200 pixels*6
- (W x H x D) 578 x 270 x 725 mm (22-3/4 x 10-5/8 x 28-17/32 in) (optional lens, legs and lens cover not included),
- 578 x 323.5 x 740 mm (22-3/4 x 12-23/32 x 29-1/8 in) (Including legs at shortest position and protruding parts)
- Approx. 44.0 kg (97 lbs) (optional lens not included)