- Dynamic Iris for a High 10,000:1* Contrast Ratio
- Easy Lamp Replacement*
- Power supply : 120-240 V AC, 10-5.2 A, 50/60 Hz
Vivid Picture Quality with High Brightness
Dynamic Iris for a High 10,000:1* Contrast Ratio
- Panasonic’s Dynamic Iris uses a scene-linking aperture mechanism to achieve a remarkable 10,000:1* contrast without lowering its high brightness. This helps to reproduce deeper, richer blacks, and provides images
with more detailed textures.
The New Dynamic RGB Booster Enhances Both Brightness and Color Reproduction
- Panasonic’s RGB Booster achieves high image quality with levels of color reproduction and brightness that make each color stand out. It combines Panasonic’s proprietary Vivid Color Control technology with a Lamp Modulation Drive System for a 1-chip DLP™ projector that produces bright and vivid colors. This has been further advanced in the PT-DZ870 Series with the development of the Dynamic RGB Booster. Images are analyzed frame by frame, and scene-linking and realtime modulation are used to achieve high brightness and vivid color reproduction.
Vivid Color Control
- This unique control technology optimizes the use of the color segment areas of the color wheel.
- It increases the brightness of each RGB color by minimizing the unallocated portions between the colors, to achieve truly vivid coloring.
Lamp Modulation Drive System
- With the advanced lamp modulation technology, the projector is able to control the lamp intensity for each of the red, green, blue, and white segments of the color wheel separately. Because the actual light output is controlled in relation to each color segment, light usage is optimized and color balance is obtained without lowering the brightness. This results in bright vivid images with increased color fidelity.
Detail Clarity Processor 3 Gives Natural Clarity to Even the Finest Details
- This unique Panasonic circuit optimizes the sharpness of each image, based on the super-high-, high-, medium-, and low-frequency components of the extracted image information. The resulting images have more natural, lifelike expression.
System Daylight View 2 for Enhanced Color Perception
- This unique Panasonic technology optimizes image quality to improve the color perception of the projected image in bright rooms. With a brightness of 10,000 lm*, it provides highly comfortable viewing even in bright lighting, and allows viewers to concentrate easily on the images.
DICOM Simulation Mode*
- This imaging mode is similar to DICOM part 14, which is a medical imaging standard. It reproduces X-ray images with remarkable clarity.
Rec. 709 Mode for HDTV Projection
- Optimal color reproduction can be achieved by selecting this mode, compliant with ITU-R Recommendation BT.709,when images from an HDTV source are projected.
Waveform Monitor Function
- When the output level of the source device fluctuates due to the performance of the device or its cable connections, the original black and white levels of the image content cannot be reproduced correctly. With the PT-DZ870 Series projector you can view the waveforms on the screen and adjust the settings either automatically or manually as you prefer.
Full-HD Ready WUXGA Resolution
- The PT-DZ870 features native WUXGA resolution for full-HD viewing.This brings you lifelike projection of intricate, highly detailed images.
Advanced Technologies for Excellent Image Quality
• 3D color management system
• Full 10-bit image processing
• Progressive cinema scan (3:2 pulldown)
• Dynamic sharpness control
• Digital noise reduction
• IP conversion
• AI scene control
• 2:2 pulldown mode
• sRGB compatibility
DIGITAL LINK Transmits Digital Signals up to 100 m (328 ft) with a Single Cable
DIGITAL LINK - The Single Cable Solution
- Equipped with a DIGITAL LINK terminal, the PT-DZ870 Series allows transmission of HDMI, uncompressed HD digital video and control signals (Ethernet, RS-232C) for up to 100 meters (328 feet) through a single CAT5e (STP) cable or higher.
- This simplifies cabling and system upgrades, making it ideal for ceiling-mounted and other permanent installations.
Optional ET-YFB100G Digital Interface Box for Easy Setup
- By combining the optional ET-YFB100G Digital Interface Box, with its HDMI and other input terminals, uncompressed HD digital video and control signals can be transmitted up to 100 m (328 feet) over a single CAT5e (STP) cable or higher. It allows projector connection with only one cable, making it ideal for ceiling-mounted and other permanent installations.
- Also, because control signals can be simultaneously transmitted, the ET-YFB100G input signal can easily be switched with the wireless remote control that is included with the projector. The projector can be controlled by either serial or LAN communication.
DIGITAL LINK technology allows simple new 1 to 1 system.
:・A cost effective approach to cabling and layout
・Digital transmission provides less signal degradation
・Allows long distance transmission with a single cable
Also Supports Other Manufacturers’ Peripheral Equipment
- DIGITAL LINK is an original function added to HDBaseT™ technology. Used together with the new ET-YFB100G Digital Interface Box, or other compatible equipment, the installation of this projector is easier than ever, without any need for external receivers.
- The PT-DZ870 Series projector is compatible with the Art-Net protocol for lighting management.
- Art-Net compatibility lets you connect the projector to the lighting console, and operate functions such as shutter on/off, input change, power on/off, etc., together with the light control.
Multi-Screen Support System Seamlessly Connects Multiple Screens
The Multi-Screen Support System optimally adjusts multiple screens: Edge blending, Color matching and Digital image enlarging.
- The edges of adjacent screens can be blended and their luminance controlled.
- This function corrects for slight variations in the color reproduction range of individual projectors.
- The PC software assures easy, accurate control.
Digital Image Enlarging
- The PT-DZ870 Series features a digital zoom function that allows images to be enlarged up to 10 times (horizontally and vertically).* Up to 100 units (10 x 10) can be edge-blended at a time to create large, multi-screen images.
Multi-Unit Brightness Control
- This function automatically corrects the brightness fluctuations that occur over time in the individual projectors of a multi-screen system. Up to eight projectors can be controlled by connecting to each other via a hub, and this can be
increased to a maximum of 2,048 projectors by using “Multi Projector Monitoring & Control Software.”
Geometric Adjustment for Specially Shaped Screens (PT-DZ870)
- This function adjusts the image for projection onto spherical, cylindrical and other specially shaped screens. You can make the adjustment easily using only the remote control, with no external equipment needed.
- New 4-Corner Adjustment and Keep Aspect Off functions also simplify fine adjustment.
Optional Upgrade Kit (ET-UK20) Featuring Geometry Manager Pro (PT-DZ870)
- The new Geometry Manager Pro software included in the optional upgrade kit ET‐UK20 supports Color Matching, Edge Blending, uniformity correction, and other useful functions for multi-projector setups (max. 32 units).
- It also allows creative masking using four lines or bitmap data. And its flexible and complex geometric adjustment capability suits a wide variety of screen shapes.
Active 3D Projection Capability
- The series is compatible with both passive and active 3D projection systems.
- It combines with either a separate, external 100/120/144 Hz drive with IR emitter and active shutter glasses, or an active filter and passive glasses, for viewing 3D images.
- The wide adjustment range of the powered horizontal/vertical lens shift function can be easily adjusted with the remote control. The unit can also be rotated 360° vertically, to accommodate various installation conditions. The lens-centered design contributes to easy Installation.
Portrait Mode Capability (optional)*
- Portrait projection is possible by mounting the optional ET-LAD120P or ET-LAD120PW lamp units, updating the projector's firmware to MAIN Ver. 2.00 or later, and installing the projector with its terminal side surface facing downward.
Multiple Terminals with HD-SDI Compatibility
- The PT-DZ870 Series has an array of terminals, including 3D sync, DVI-D and HDMI terminals.
- The PT-DZ870 also features an SDI (SD-, HD-, and 3G-SDI) input terminal.
Easy Remote Monitoring and Control over a LAN
- Web browser on a computer connected through a wired LAN system lets you remotely operate projectors and check their status. An e-mail messaging function can also notify you when a lamp needs replacement, and indicate the overall projector status.
- In addition, Multi Projector Monitoring and Control Software is available for monitoring and controlling multiple Panasonic projectors from a single PC.
- The wired LAN terminal is compatible with PJLink™ (class1), an open protocol that is used by many manufacturers, to enable integrated control of systems that contain different brands of projectors.
A Wide Selection of Optional Lenses
- Choose from a wide lineup of lenses for your system, including long-throw zoom lenses and a ultra-short-throw lens for rear projection use.
- The additional lenses make it easy to adapt your projector to the installation site. The lenses attach and detach with one-touch ease.
Other Valuable Features
• P-in-P function*
• Mechanical lens shutter with fade in/out effect
• Scheduling function
• Direct power off
• 30 m long-range wireless remote control
• Anti-theft features with chain opening
• Control device setup function
• ID assignment for up to 64 units
• Built-in test pattern
• Selectable 10-language on-screen menu
(English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, Korean)
• RoHS Directive compliant
* This function cannot be used with some input signals and selected inputs.
- All PT-DZ870 Series projectors are carefully manufactured at the Panasonic factory in Japan, under strict quality control.
- This is another, very important advantage of a Panasonic projector.