- Power supply 100-240 V AC, 9.0-4.0 A, 50/60 Hz
- Lamp 310 W UHM lamp x 2
- Full-HD Ready WUXGA Resolution (PT-DZ780)
Outstanding Images with Low-Noise Operation
Full-HD Ready WUXGA Resolution (PT-DZ780)
- The PT-DZ780 features native WUXGA resolution for full-HD viewing.
- This brings you lifelike projection of intricate, highly detailed images.
Virtually Un-noticeable Operation with 30 dB in Normal Mode*
- Thanks to a carefully designed airflow control system and cooling fans, operation noise is dramatically reduced to 30 dB even when the projector is used with the lamps at full power in normal mode*, making the PT-DZ780 Series the quietest in its class.** The projector intakes air from the bottom of the unit and exhausts it from the back, eliminating openings in the front and sides to eliminate noise leakage. The newly developed fans are also positioned to enable the fans to operate efficiently with slower rotation and less noise.
The Dynamic RGB Booster Enhances Both Brightness and Color Reproduction
- Panasonic’s Dynamic RGB Booster achieves high image quality with levels of color reproduction and brightness that make each color stand out. It combines Panasonic’s proprietary Vivid Color Control technology with a Lamp Modulation Drive System for a 1-chip DLP™ projector that produces bright and vivid colors. Images are analyzed frame by frame, and scene-linking and real-time modulation are used to achieve high brightness and vivid color reproduction.
Detail Clarity Processor Brings Depth and Clarity to Details
- This advanced image-processing circuit analyzes the video signal frequency range for each scene by extracting data on the distribution of high, mid, and low-frequency components, and brings out fine details accordingly. The resulting images have a more natural, three-dimensional appearance with crisp, clear detail.
System Daylight View 2 for Enhanced Color Perception
- Image details are less clear when a projector is used in a room with the lights on. Panasonic’s System Daylight View 2 improves brightness perception by adjusting sharpness, gamma curves, and color corrections. This produces crisper, more stunning images with vivid colors even under bright conditions.
DICOM Simulation Mode*
- This imaging mode is similar to DICOM part 14, which is a medical imaging standard. It reproduces X-ray images with remarkable clarity.
Rec. 709 Mode for HDTV Projection
- Optimal color reproduction can be achieved by selecting this mode, compliant with ITU-R Recommendation BT.709,when images from an HDTV source are projected.
Waveform Monitor Function
- When the output level of the source device fluctuates due to the performance of the device or its cable connections, the original black and white levels of the image content cannot be reproduced correctly. With the PT-DZ780 Series projector you can view the waveforms on the screen and adjust the settings either automatically or manually as you prefer.
Full 10-Bit Image Processing
- The use of a full 10-bit image processing system provides smooth tonal expression.
- For example, skin tones appear natural and true to life.
Advanced Technologies for Excellent Image Quality
3D Color Management System
- The characteristics of the human eye tend to cause changes in colors when images are viewed close-up on a large screen.
- Changes in color saturation, hue, and brightness differ from color to color. 3D Color Management corrects these changes to produce accurate colors that are very close to the original images, even when viewed on a large screen.
Dynamic Sharpness Control
- Only the pixels in image areas with a small change in brightness level are sharpened. This greatly reduces noise amplification and delivers clear, natural-looking images.
Digital Noise Reduction
- The mode is selectable from 1, 2, 3, and off to match the level of noise.
AI Scene Control
- The lamp brightness is automatically optimized to match the characteristics of the picture in real time, dramatically increasing the dynamic range, accurately rendering black portions of the screen as deep, dark blacks, and achieving a stunningly high contrast ratio of 3,000:1*.
2:2 Pulldown Mode
- This mode projects 24p film content at 48 Hz to reduce judder.
- Full compatibility with the sRGB color space enables highly accurate color reproduction.
DIGITAL LINK - The Single Cable Solution
Transmits Digital Signals up to 150 m* (492 ft*) with a Single Cable
- DIGITAL LINK is an original function added to HDBaseT™ technology. Equipped with a DIGITAL LINK terminal, the PT-DZ780 Series projector allows transmission of HDMI, uncompressed HD digital video, and control signals (Ethernet, RS-232C) for up to 150 m* (492 ft*) through a single CAT5e (STP) cable or higher. This simplifies cabling and system upgrades, making it ideal for ceiling-mounted and other permanent installations.
Optional ET-YFB200G DIGITAL LINK Switcher and ET-YFB100G Digital Interface Box for Easy Setup
- Used together with the new ET-YFB200G DIGITAL LINK Switcher featuring two DIGITAL LINK outputs and high-speed input switching,
・A cost effective approach to cabling and layout・Digital transmission provides less signal degradation・Allows long distance transmission with a single cable
Also Supports Other Manufacturers’ Peripheral Equipment
- DIGITAL LINK is an original function added to HDBaseT™ technology. Used together with the new ET-YFB200G DIGITAL LINK Switcher, or other compatible equipment, the installation of this projector is easier than ever, without any need for external receiver.
- The PT-DZ780 Series projector is compatible with the Art-Net protocol for lighting management. Art-Net compatibility lets you connect the projector to the lighting console, and operate functions such as shutter on/off, input change, power on/off, etc., together with the
Flexible Installation with Powered Lens Shift/Zoom/Focus
- The wide adjustment range of the powered horizontal/vertical lens shift function assures convenience and versatility during installation.
It lets you easily make adjustments with the remote control. The unit can also be rotated 360 degrees vertically**.
This means you can install it at any angle you want, to accommodate different installation conditions.
Geometric Adjustment for Specially Shaped Screens
- This function adjusts the image for projection onto spherical, cylindrical and other specially shaped screens. You can make the adjustment easily using only the remote control, with no external equipment needed. 4-Corner Adjustment and Keep Aspect Off functions also simplify fine adjustment.
Geometry Manager Pro Freeware (PT-DZ780)
- The Geometry Manager Pro software offers a more flexible and complex geometric adjustment capability, and supports color matching and edge blending for multi-screen projection. It also makes adjustments for multiple projectors fast and easy over a network. Also, a computer can be used* to operate the geometric adjustment, and up to three sets of adjustments can be stored.
Optional Upgrade Kit (ET-UK20) Featuring Geometry Manager Pro (PT-DZ780)
- Applying this kit to Geometry Manager Pro software enables creative masking using four lines and/or bitmap data, uniformity correction, and other useful functions.
Optional ET-CUK10* Auto Screen Adjustment Upgrade Kit (PT-DZ780)
- This plug-in software for Geometry Manager Pro sets up multiple projectors automatically and simultaneously, greatly saving installation time and costs. It takes only three quick and simple steps. By using a camera** together with a PC connected to the projectors via a network, this software calibrates and adjusts multi-screen or curved-screen projection. Adjustments include geometric adjustment, edge blending, color matching, stacking, brightness, and black level.
Multi-Screen Support System Seamlessly Connects Multiple Screens
The Multi-Screen Support System optimally adjusts multiple screens: Edge blending, Color matching and Digital image enlarging.
- The edges of adjacent screens can be blended and their luminance controlled.
- This function corrects for slight variations in the color reproduction range of individual projectors.
Digital Image Enlarging
- The PT-DZ780 Series features a digital zoom function that allows images to be enlarged up to 10 times (horizontally and vertically).* Up to 100 units (10 x 10) can be edge-blended at a time to create large, multi-screen images.
Backup Input Setting* Assures Reliability and Optimizes Performance
- The Backup Input Setting allows the signal to be switched to the backup input signal as seamlessly as possible when the input signal is disrupted.*
- This function ensures high reliability and is ideal for critical control rooms, projection mapping, staging, and other applications where images should not be interrupted.
A Wide Selection of Optional Lenses
- A wide variety of lenses add versatility and flexibility to projector installation. Long-throw zoom lenses, a short-throw lens, and an ultra-short-throw lens, in particular, make it easier to adapt your projector to the installation site compared with other brand systems. The lenses attach and detach with one-touch ease.
- A lens-centered, symmetrical design provides ease of installation, eliminating the need for any special considerations when planning the installation site.
Easy Lamp Replacement*
- For easier maintenance, you can replace the lamp from the rear. This makes it easy to replace a lamp unit while the projector is still in the mounting bracket or dual stacked.
Picture-in-Picture (P-in-P) Function*
- Two different image sources can be simultaneously displayed.* The size and position of both main and sub windows can be changed for more flexible and effective image presentations.
Multiple Terminals for System Versatility
- A wide array of terminals includes a DVI-D (HDCP compliant), HDMI, and two sets of RGB inputs, to support a broad range of projection needs. The serial terminal (RS-232C) can be used to easily connect and operate AMX and Crestron control systems. A LAN/DIGITAL LINK connector enables easy remote monitoring and control, and simplified cabling. The PT-DZ780 also features an SDI (SD-, HD-, and 3G-SDI) input terminal.
Easy Remote Monitoring and Control over a LAN
- Web browser on a computer connected through a wired LAN system lets you remotely operate projectors and check their status. An e-mail messaging function can also notify you when a lamp needs replacement, and indicate the overall projector status.
- In addition, Multi Projector Monitoring and Control Software is available for monitoring and controlling multiple Panasonic projectors from a single PC.
- The wired LAN terminal is compatible with PJLink™ (class1), an open protocol that is used by many manufacturers, to enable integrated control of systems that contain different brands of projectors.
Crestron Connected™ and AMX Device Discovery
- The LAN terminal allows a computer connected to the network to use Crestron Connected™ application software to manage and control system devices. Besides, the AMX Device Discovery technology is built in the PT-DZ780 Series projectors.
Optional Early Warning Software ET-SWA100 Series Compatible
- Early Warning Software ET-SWA100 monitors projectors and. displays that are connected to an intranet and informs you when an abnormality is detected or predicted,* and when there are symptoms of trouble. This minimizes downtime to provide more stable operation, saving time and reducing costs for maintenance and service.
Other Valuable Features
• Mechanical lens shutter
• Scheduling function
• Direct power off
• 30 m long-range wireless remote control
• Control device setup function
• ID assignment for up to 64 units
• Built-in test pattern
• Selectable 10-language on-screen menu
(English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Russian,
Japanese, Chinese, Korean)
• Built-in closed caption decoder (NTSC and 480i (YCBCR) only)
• Standby power consumption of only 0.3 W*
• RoHS Directive compliant
• Effective theft prevention with the Startup Logo** and chain opening