- Power supply : 200-240 V AC, 50/60 Hz
- Brightness*4 : 20,000 lm (four-lamp)
- High-Precision Iris Mechanism
Dynamic Iris for a High 10,000:1* Contrast Ratio
Panasonic’s Dynamic Iris uses a scene-linking aperture mechanism to achieve a remarkable 10,000:1* contrast without
sacrificing brightness. This helps to reproduce deeper, richer blacks, and provides images with more textured and
* Full On/Off, with Dynamic Iris set to “3”.
High-Precision Iris Mechanism
- Dynamic Iris adjusts light levels and gamma curves for optimal image quality.
Frame Creation Technology Reduces Motion Blur (PT-DZ21K2/DS20K2/DZ16K2)
- Together with a unique high-speed Real Motion Processer chip, Panasonic has refined the PT-DZ21K2 Series’ optical engine to enhance focus performance for a better sense of resolution, contrast, and fluidity. Real Motion Processor creates supplemental frames and interpolates for a fast 120 Hz* frame-rate, resulting in incredibly smooth and realistic reproduction of motion. Further, 120 Hz* images can be displayed with Dual-link 3G-SDI, DVI-D, and HDMI simultaneous inputs.
* Frame rate varies depending on input signal frequency. PT-DW17K2 has a maximum 60 Hz playback capability.
Detail Clarity Processor 5 Clarifies and Enhances Fine Details
- This proprietary circuit analyzes each individual image frame by frame to clarify areas containing fine details and textures. A new processing algorithm pulls hidden information from the super high, high, medium, and low frequency bands, sharpening outlines, correcting contours, and reducing ringing noise to improve the sense of resolution and clarity of fine details.
System Daylight View 3 Improves Color Perception
- This proprietary technology optimizes image quality to improve color perception of images projected onto external or internal walls and other surfaces or in environments with bright ambient light. With high brightness of up to 20,000 lm*, the PT-DZ21K2 Series delivers clear and comfortable viewing even with the lights on.
* PT-DW17K2 has 17,000 lm and PT-DZ16K2 has 16,000 lm of brightness.
Waveform Monitor Function
- When source device output level fluctuates due to the performance of the device or its cable connections, the original black and white levels of the image cannot be reproduced correctly. The PT-DZ21K2 Series displays the waveforms on screen where they can be adjusted either automatically or manually as preferred.
DICOM Simulation Mode*
- This imaging mode is similar to the DICOM Part 14 medical imaging standard. It lends a film-like resolution to X-ray images, making the PT-DZ21K2 Series ideal for medical presentations and training.
* This product is not a medical instrument. Do not use for actual medical diagnosis.
Active 3D Projection Capability (PT-DZ21K2/DS20K2)
- Selected models in the PT-DZ21K2 Series are compatible with both passive and active 3D projection systems.
- It supports a separate, external 100/120/144 Hz drive, IR emitter, and active shutter glasses, or an active filter and passive glasses for viewing 3D images.
Advanced Technologies for Excellent Image Quality
- 3D color management system
- Full 10-bit image processing
- Progressive cinema scan (3:2 pulldown)
- Dynamic sharpness control
- Digital noise reduction
- IP conversion
- AI scene control
- 2:2 pulldown mode
- sRGB compatibility
- Precision color temperature adjustment
Key Features for Versatile System and Installation Flexibility
Single-Cable DIGITAL LINK Connection
Transmit Video, Audio*, and Control Signals Up to 150 m (492 ft)**
- DIGITAL LINK supports transmission of uncompressed HD digital video, audio*, and control commands through a single cable (CAT 5e or higher STP cable) for distances of up to 150 m (492 ft)**. Add an optional ET-YFB200G DIGITAL LINK Switcher or ET-YFB100G Digital Interface Box to further simplify installation complexity in large venues while reducing cost and improving reliability at the same time.
Dual-output Capability with Optional ET-YFB200G Switcher
- The ET-YFB200G DIGITAL LINK Switcher unit incorporates two DIGITAL LINK terminals. Video, audio*, and control signals can be output to two display devices individually or simultaneously. Sources can be easily switched using the projector remote controller or via PC and tablet, and multiple Switchers can be daisy-chained to integrate additional display devices.
Compatible with Other Device Brands
- Panasonic developed DIGITAL LINK by adding original features to the HDBaseT™ communication standard formulated by HDBaseT Alliance. DIGITAL LINK works seamlessly with other brands’ peripheral devices supporting HDBaseT™ protocol, allowing you to easily add Panasonic projectors to existing AV infrastructure.
Geometric Adjustment for Specially Shaped Screens
- This function adjusts the image for projection onto spherical, cylindrical, and other specially shaped screens.
- Adjustments can be easily made using only the remote control, with no external equipment needed. 4-Corner Adjustment and Keep Aspect Off functions also simplify fine adjustment.
Optional Upgrade Kit (ET-UK20) Featuring Geometry Manager Pro (PT-DZ21K2/DS20K2)
- Geometry Manager Pro software included in Panasonic’s optional upgrade kit (ET-UK20) supports color matching, edge blending, uniformity correction, and other useful functions for multi-projector setups up to a maximum of 64 units. It also enables creative masking using four lines or bitmap data. Its flexible yet sophisticated geometric adjustment capability suits a wide variety of screen shapes. Further,
PT-DZ21K2/DS20K2 Series projectors support the optional ET-CUK10 Auto Screen Adjustment Upgrade Kit*.
* Available worldwide except in the United States.
Optional ET-CUK10* for Auto Screen Adjustment (PT-DZ21K2/DS20K2)
- Add optional Auto Screen Adjustment functionality to Geometry Manager Pro Software and make significant savings on installation time and cost. Multiple projectors can also be set up automatically at the same time.
* Available worldwide except in the United States
Multi-Unit Brightness Control
- This function automatically corrects brightness fluctuations that occur over time in individual projectors in a multi-screen system. Up to eight projectors connected by a hub can be controlled increasing to a maximum of 2,048 projectors with Multi Monitoring & Control Software.
Multi-Unit Brightness Control
Optimally adjusts multiple screens with edge blending, color matching, and digital image enlargement.
- The edges of adjacent screens can be blended and their luminance controlled.
- This function corrects for slight variations in the color reproduction range of individual projectors. PC software assures easy, accurate control.
Digital Image Enlarging
- PT-DZ21K2 Series features a digital zoom function that allows images to be enlarged up to 10 times (horizontally and vertically)*.
- Up to 100 units (10 x 10) can be edge-blended at a time to create large, multi-screen images.
* While the input resolution will not change, maintaining image quality is not possible for images enlarged horizontally and vertically via the digital zoom function.
Backup Input Setting Assures Reliability and Optimizes Performance
- The Backup Input Setting allows the signal to be switched to the backup input signal as smoothly as possible should the primary input signal be disrupted*. This function ensures high reliability and is ideal for mission-critical control rooms, projection mapping, staging, and other applications where image display should not be interrupted.
* Combination of primary/secondary input terminals is fixed. For the PT-DZ21K2/DS20K2, supported combinations are DVI-D (primary) and HDMI (secondary) terminals, or SDI 1 (primary) and SDI 2 (secondary) terminals. For the PT-DW17K2/DZ16K2, use the combination of DVI-D (primary) and HDMI (secondary) terminals. The Backup Input Setting is enabled only when the input signal to the primary and secondary terminals is the same.
Portrait Mode Capability*1 (PT-DZ21K2/DS20K2/DW17K2)
- The PT-DZ21K2 Series now features Portrait Mode capability when mounting the optional ET-LAD520P or
ET-LAD520PF lamp unit*2.
- The PT-DZ21K2 Series can be installed in portrait orientation with its terminal side surface facing downward. Portrait Mode offers additional solutions for projection mapping, staging, and more.
- The supplied remote controller can be used to fine-tune image positioning on the projection surface via the wide-range powered vertical/horizontal lens shift function.
- The projector unit can also be rotated 360 ° vertically to accommodate specific installation requirements. The lens-centered design contributes to easy installation.
- The PT-DZ21K2 Series has a wide array of terminals including DVI-D, HDMI, and two RGB inputs. The PT-DZ21K2, DS20K2, and DZ16K2 also feature a 3G-ready HD/SD-SDI input and 3D sync terminals (DZ21K2 and DS20K2) to connect an emitter for 3D projection.
Multi Monitoring & Control Software
- Panasonic’s original Multi Monitoring & Control Software freeware lets you control and monitor multiple projectors at the same time over wired LAN. If a problem occurs, an alert is sent to the monitoring/controlling PC. Terminal panel is LED illuminated and control panel buttons backlit for easy operation in the dark.
Wide Selection of Optional Lenses
- A choice of lenses is available to suit your installation situation including long-throw zoom and an ultra-short-throw lens for rear projection. Lenses attach and detach with one-touch ease.
World’s Shortest Throw*1 Lens for 3-Chip DLP™ Projectors
- Mount the newly developed ET-D75LE90 Ultra-Short-Throw Lens onto supported Panasonic 3-Chip DLP™ projectors*2 and reduce projection distance by approximately 60 % compared with our ET-D75LE50 Short-Throw Lens. This results in huge space savings and allows the high brightness and picture quality of the PT-DZ21K2 Series to be exploited in smaller locations.
Application Example: Staging
- Installation examples include large-format image projection from the ceiling or floor on stages or in venues previously limited by minimum throw distances.
Other Valuable Features
- Art-Net DMX compatible
- Mechanical lens shutter with fade in/out effect
- (control fade-in/fade-out times between 0-10 sec.)
- P-in-P function*1
- 30 m (98.4 ft) long-range wireless remote control with LED backlight
- ID assignment for up to 64 units
- Control device setup function
- Built-in test pattern
- Selectable 10-language on-screen menu (English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, Korean)
- RoHS Directive compliant
- Effective theft prevention with Startup Logo*2 and chain security