- Full-HD Optimized Optical System
- Power supply : 100–240 V AC, 50/60 Hz
- Resolution : 1,920 × 1,080 pixels
Excellent Picture Quality
High 2,400 lm of Brightness with the Advanced Red-Rich Lamp
- The new 220 W Red-Rich Lamp increases the luminous efficiency of the projector to achieve brighter images, even in 3D viewing, with excellent color purity.
- Able to produce a stunning brightness of 2,400 lm, the PT-AE8000/
- AT6000 unleashes the beauty of 2D/3D full-HD expression for viewing on various screen sizes.
- Cooling efficiency for example around the polarization filters has been increased to realize the higher lumens. Color purity is further increased by applying a special coating to the red and green condenser lenses in order to trim the impurities from the light after it is separated into the three primary colors.
Full-HD Optimized Optical System
- To assure maximum clarity and sharpness in full-HD images, this advanced optical system employs a full-HD-optimized lens unit comprising of 16 lens elements in 12 groups, including two large-diameter aspherical lenses and two high-performance ED (extra-low dispersion) lenses.
- Each lens is carefully aligned to assure a uniform focusing balance from the center to the edges of the screen. As a result, the PT-AE8000/AT6000 produces stunningly clear and beautiful images.
Up to 480 Hz Compatible LCD Panels
- The PT-AE8000/AT6000 full-HD LCD panels provide bright images with high aperture ratio. The panels are also designed for 480 Hz processing capability for bright 3D image.
- These high-precision panels use vertically aligned liquid crystal molecules with inorganic alignment layers. When no voltage is applied, the molecules are aligned perpendicular to the glass substrate, so there is minimal light leakage, providing higher contrast.
Pure Contrast Plates Deliver High 500,000:1 Contrast Ratio
- The Pure Contrast Plates in the PT-AE8000/AT6000 use a high-precision crystalline material that is carefully matched to the characteristics of the LCD panels to effectively correct the passage of light exiting the panels.
- This enables the projector to block unwanted light leakage and successfully increases the dynamic range.
- It works together with the Pure Color Filter Pro and Dynamic Iris Pro to achieve an astounding contrast ratio of 500,000:1.
Pure Color Filter Pro for Rich, Vibrant Colors
- The optical filter optimizes the light spectrum from the UHM projector lamp, helping to produce deeper blacks while improving purity levels in the three primary colors (red, green and blue).
- This advanced filter system improves color purity to cover a range that extends from the HDTV standard (Rec. 709 mode)*1 to the color gamut used in digital cinema*2. This gives images the deep, rich coloring that distinguishes movie images.
Dynamic Iris Pro Adds Beauty to Both Dark and Bright Scenes
- This intelligent iris system works by analyzing the brightness level of each image using a histogram, then adjusting the lamp power, iris and gamma curve* accordingly to create the ideal image.
- The adjustments are made virtually frame by frame. This helps the projector achieve a wide dynamic range with swift smoothness for added beauty in both dark and bright scenes
Smooth Screen Technology Creates Film-Like Texture
- While many LCD projectors suffer from a “chicken wire” effect, Panasonic’s pursuit of the highest possible image quality has successfully overcome this device limitation through the incorporation of Smooth Screen technology.
- This uses the double refraction property of crystals to arrange pixels on a screen with no gaps between them.
Seven Picture Modes
For each 2D and 3D viewing, seven different picture modes (normal, dynamic, Rec. 709, D-cinema, cinema 1, cinema 2 and game mode for reduced frame delay) are provided.
- [NORMAL] For a general image such as sports programs.
- [DYNAMIC] For viewing at high brightness and sharpness.
- [REC. 709] For HDTV standard (ITU-R BT. 709) color temperature of 6,500 K at the default setting of the [PICTURE] menu items.
- [D-CINEMA] For D-CINEMA standard (SMPTE RP 431-2) color temperature of 6,300 K at the default setting of the [PICTURE] menu items.
- [CINEMA 1] Tuned by top Hollywood colorists for watching a movie with smooth image quality.
- [CINEMA 2] For viewing action films and anime etc. with vivid color and sharp quality.
- [GAME] For use with games.
A Whole New Level of 3D Viewing
LCD Panels Driven at 480 Hz and Original Overdrive Technology for Bright 3D Image
- The PT-AE8000/AT6000 features 480 Hz-driven LCD panels, which lengthen the time that the shutter is open about 1.5 times the duration of a 240-Hz drive system.
- Together with Panasonic’s original high-precision overdrive technology, this improves the brightness of the images viewed through 3D Eyewear, while at the same time minimizing crosstalk, or double image seen as a result of the left image entering the right eye and vice versa.
3D Motion Remaster Takes 3D Realism to New Heights
- Active Shutter 3D provides an overwhelming 3D experience by delivering Full-HD images to both eyes. Panasonic's 3D Motion Remaster technology was developed to further enhance the naturalness and realism of Active Shutter 3D images.
Why do 3D images sometimes appear unnatural?
- Active Shutter 3D can result in somewhat unnatural 3D effects when a subject moves quickly in a horizontal direction.
- This problem is caused by a phenomenon called the Mach-Dvorak effect, resulting from the limitation of temporal resolution in 3D image display due to the Active Shutter operating principle.
- The Active Shutter 3D system displays left eye and right eye images alternately. This means that left eye and right eye images that were captured at the same instant are shown with a time lag.
- During this time lag, especially when watching a scene in which an object moves quickly and horizontally across the screen, the viewer’s brain automatically speculates and forms an image at a position that differs from the actual shown image. This results in incorrect depth perception and makes the horizontal movement appear unnatural.
- 3D Motion Remaster technology achieves smooth, natural moving 3D images by creating properly positioned images to compensate for time lags.
- The PT-AE8000/AT6000 equipped with 3D Motion Remaster reproduce more natural and realistic images from 3D content with fast motions such as sports.
Dual Core Processing Engine
- High-quality 2D image processing, including Frame Creation and Detail Clarity Processor, can be enjoyed in 3D as well, with the incorporation of the high-performance dual core processing engine.
- This engine, which is centered around a 3D CiW1 chip, conducts high-speed, high-precision signal processing, producing high-grade 3D images.
Frame Creation 2 for Motion Blur Reduction in 3D/2D Viewing
- A double-speed frame interpolation display for both 2D and 3D viewing, even during 2D-3D conversion, greatly improves the clarity of motion images, reproducing sharp and clear images for fast moving scenes in sports and action movies.
- For 24p signal input, four frames are calculated and interpolated for each existing frame, to enable 5x speed (120-Hz) display.
- 2D to 3D image conversion is possible, with five 3D effect modes to select from.
Detail Clarity Processor 4 Gives Natural Clarity to Even the Finest Details
- This digital image processing circuit brings greater clarity and sharpness to details embedded in the image.
- After analyzing the video signal frequency in each scene, the circuit optimizes the sharpness of each part of the image based on the extracted information. The resulting images, 3D or 2D, have more natural, lifelike expression than those of previous image-processing methods.
Advanced 3D Adjustment Functions
- A variety of 3D viewing adjustments also provide a more comfortable viewing experience at home.
- These include 3D Lens Memory, 3D zoom and focus, 3D color management, and 3D keystone correction.
3D Viewing Monitor for Adjustment of Depth-of-Field
- The projection size for viewing 3D images can be selected from among 9 different sizes, ranging from 40 inches to 200 inches diagonally.*
- The amount of parallax is optimized according to the projection size,so comfortable, easy-to-view 3D images can be enjoyed at any size. Either of three monitor styles can be selected.
- Displays the parallax of the entire image at the bottom of the projection screen.
- Displays the maximum parallax of the entire image in one dimension.
- Displays negative and positive parallax with red and blue color for parallax adjustments.
3D Picture Balance with Waveform Monitor
- The projector is able to show the right and left image side by side to check if the two sides have the same colors. The difference may occur due to poor content quality. With the Waveform Monitor displayed, you can adjust the contrast, brightness, color and tint as desired, and up to three adjustment settings can be stored in memory for instant recall.
Precisely Tuned 3D Projection with Optional Panasonic 3D Eyewear
- The PT-AE8000/AT6000 uses frame sequential technology for 3D image projection. When viewing 3D content, signals from the PT-AE8000/AT6000’s built-in infrared transmitter precisely control the left and right shutters of the active 3D eyewear.
Built-in 3D Infrared Transmitter
- The PT-AE8000/AT6000 comes equipped with a built-in transmitter with maximum transmission distance of six meters (about 20 feet).* For more range up to ten meters (about 33 feet), an optional infrared transmitter, ET-TRM110 is available for greater installation flexibility.
Customization and Installation Flexibility
Intelligent Lens Memory with Auto Detection*
- Up to six settings can be stored in the Lens Memory, including zoom and focus positions for projecting in the normal 16:9 or 4:3 image ratio, and wide cinema projection settings. These settings can be manually recalled or set for automatic switching. The projector is able to detect 2.35:1 and 16:9 sources and retrieve the stored settings automatically.
- The new Lens Memory function also supports 3D viewing. For 3D viewing, the settings can be manually recalled.
- The Lens Memory function lets you easily view images with different image ratios on a wide 2.35:1 screen for an immersive, theater-like experience.
2x Optical Power Zoom/Focus and Wide Lens Shift Range
- A 2x optical power zoom/focus lens and a lens shift function together make it possible to project a 120-inch picture from as close as 3.6 meters (11 feet 10 inches) to the screen or as far as 7.2 meters (23 feet 7 inches) away. In addition, the image can be shifted ±100% vertically, and ±26% horizontally. This gives you outstanding setup flexibility. If you choose to ceiling-mount the projector, you can zoom and focus by remote control.
Waveform Monitor for Precise Calibration
- With the PT-AE8000/AT6000 you can view the waveforms on the screen and adjust the settings both automatically and manually as you prefer.
Advanced Gamma Adjustment Function
- The gamma curve can be flexibly controlled, allowing precise calibration according to the signal source and environment.
- Brightness (Y), R, G and B can each be adjusted at any fifteen points. Adjustment point positions can be shifted both horizontally and vertically to bring out the desired gradation level. Adjustment is easy because the small menu screen does not block the image
Split Adjust Mode for Easy Picture Adjustment
- You can freeze any scene you wish, and then make adjustments while easily comparing the original image and the adjusted image side by side.
Cinema Color Management Premium Enables Flexible Color Control
- This color correction system enables free color control in two different modes. The Point Color Correction mode lets you pick a point in the image and adjust that color without affecting the neighboring colors.
- The Six Color Correction mode enables independent adjustment of red, green, blue, cyan, magenta and yellow.
Abundant Connection Terminals
HDMI™ with x.v.Color™ and Deep Color
- The PT-AE8000/AT6000 has three HDMI input terminals for digital transmission without image degradation. The HDMI input terminals also support Deep Color and the x.v.Color color space. Deep Color provides 10-bit (over 1.07 billion) and 12-bit (over 68.7 billion) color depths for smooth gradation between colors, while x.v.Color compliance reproduces natural, lifelike images.*
Programmable 12V Trigger for Automated Theater Setup
- Two 12V triggers are provided.* Since the input and output can be set independently (menu selectable), they can link flexibly with powered screens, room light and powered curtains. When combined with the Lens Memory, they let you create a truly classy home theater.
VIERA Link for Easy Operation
The PT-AE8000/AT6000 supports VIERA Link.
- If your home theater system contains VIERA Link-ready equipment, projection can be started by using only the remote control unit of the PT-AE8000/AT6000, regardless of whether the source is a Blu-ray Disc or a TV program stored on an HD recorder. This eliminates the need for hassling with several remote controls.*
Up to 5,000-Hour Lamp Replacement Cycle* and Simple Maintenance
- Panasonic’s proprietary lamp drive system helps maintain lamp performance, resulting in a up to 5,000-hour lamp replacement cycle. For easy maintenance, you can replace the filter from the side and the lamp from the top of the projector.
- The dust filter and lamp are easily replaced even after the PT-AE8000/AT6000 is installed on the ceiling.
• 16-bit (full 12-bit) gamma correction for natural gradations.
• 3D noise reduction for high-precision noise detection and reduction.
• Scene-adaptive MPEG noise reduction effectively blocks regular noise and minimizes mosquito noise.
• Scene adaptive resizing LSI improves quality when resizing 480p images or those from other sources with resolution lower than the PT-AE8000/AT6000’s native resolution.
• 24p compatible.
• Progressive cinema scan (3/2 pulldown) and HD IP.
• Auto 3D input format select for frame packing, side by side, and top and bottom. Manual selection is also possible.
• Selectable frame response.
• Independent horizontal/vertical sharpness adjustment.
• Featuring a wide range of aspect modes, including ones for anamorphic lenses.
NOTE: The selectable modes vary depending on the input signal.
• Up to sixteen sets of PICTURE adjustment settings can be stored in memory with custom names that make them easy to remember (PICTURE MEMORY).
• Masking function to match the desired projection area to the screen.
• User-friendly ergonomic remote control.
• Built-in test pattern including color bar and gray scale.
• On-screen input guidance.
• Auto input search.
• Quiet operation: 22 dB (lamp power: ECO).
• NORMAL/ECO lamp power selection.
- 100–240 V AC, 50/60 Hz
- 310 W (0.08 W in standby mode)
- Panel size 18.7 mm (0.74 in) diagonal (16:9 aspect ratio)
- Display method Transparent LCD panel (× 3, R/G/B)
- Drive method Active matrix
- Pixels 2,073,600 (1,920 × 1,080) × 3, total of 6,220,800 pixels
- 220 W UHM lamp (The lamp replacement cycle is up to 4,000 hours (lamp power: NORMAL) / 5,000 hours (lamp power: ECO)*4)
- Powered zoom (2.0x) / focus lenses (1.35:1–2.70:1), F 1.9–3.2, f 22.4–44.8 mm
Projection size (diagonal)
- 2D projection 1.02–7.62 m (40–300 inches)
- 3D projection 1.02–5.08 m (40–200 inches)
- 2D projection 1.16–18.08 m (3 ft 10 in to 59 ft 4 in)
- 3D projection 1.16–12.0 m (3 ft 10 in to 39 ft 4 in)
- Full color (1,073,741,824 colors)
- 2,400 lm*6
Center-to-corner uniformity ratio*
- 5 85%
- 500,000:1*7 (full on/full off)
- 1,920 × 1,080 pixels
- (W × H × D) 470 × 151 × 364*11 mm (18-1/2 × 5-15/16 × 14-11/32*11 inches)
- Approx. 8.7 kg (19.2 lbs)