- X-Wave Woofer Surround
- Frequency Response : 38Hz-20kHz
- Impedance : 6 ohm minimum
Due to our distributor's restriction, we can't sell this product online. Please call (02) 9600 6655 or Click here for Special Price & to order this product.
- Higher performance demands a certain set of established criteria. Reproducing music and movie soundtracks means moving a lot of air.
- The D83 DT/SUR is an impressive example of how this can be done with incredible bang for the buck.
- Perfect for music throughout the home when music quality is a must.
X-Wave Woofer Surround
- While in motion, frequencies between 700-1,400 Hz typically run up the cone of a woofer and are reflected back and forth from the center of the driver. This creates unwanted harmonic distortion.
- The X-Wave surround found in Origin woofers absorbs these frequencies reducing distortion and maintaining driver stability.
- This design also maximizes cone area by reducing the width of the surround.
- As the driver travels to the limits of its excursion, the suspension, made up of the spider and the surround, becomes more rigid, exerting more control on the movement of the cone.
- The result is increased, clean power output throughout the driver‘s frequency range.
Compression Molded Woofer Baskets
- Utilizing the latest techniques and materials in plastic fabrication, Origin is able to create basket designs with superior stability and acoustic neutrality.
- These baskets combine with the driver suspension to increase linearity and improve overall performance.
- It is important when installing a loudspeaker in the ceiling that it be stable and secure, restricting the vibration of the assembly and limiting transfer of energy into the wall.
- The revolutionary Tool-Less Installation (Patent #9591390) spreads the weight of the speaker over a larger area than typical mounting systems accomplishing this result with minimal effort.
- Spring-loaded clips also create more uniform pressure against the drywall eliminating any warping or distortion of the speaker baffle.
- A paintable, perforated grille with a micro bezel covers the entire speaker assembly and leaves a discreet finished appearance. Its magnetic attachment makes removing or replacing the grille fast and easy.
- Model Number D83DT/SUR
- Part Number SCDT83000
- Tweeter Dome Aluminum
- Tweeter Diameter 1" (25mm)
- Woofer Cone IMG
- Woofer Diameter 8" (203mm)
- Frequency Response 38Hz-20kHz
- Impedance 6 ohm minimum
- Recommended Amplifier Power 50 watts - 125 watts
- Depth 4.29" (109mm)
- Diameter 9.61" (244mm)
- Cutout Diameter 8.75" (222mm)