- Director Technology
- Tool-Less Installation
- Frequency Response : 25Hz-20kHz
Due to our distributor's restriction, we can't sell this product online. Please call (02) 9600 6655 or Click here for Special Price & to order this product.
- Featuring the finest components combined to deliver unparalleled sonic performance, the Director D109, the flagship of the Director Collection, is a statement of technical superiority.
- Never before has this level of sound quality emanated from a speaker mounted flush in the ceiling. No compromise was made in its design. No corners were cut in its individual elements.
- Rest assured that when you select the Director D109, you are making a choice that will have an indelible and lasting impact on your listening experience.
More Bass For Your Space
- The amount of air a driver can move is a function of its surface area and the length of its throw or excursion. Driving the lower frequencies in the Director D109 is a massive 10-inch woofer, which has 60% more surface area than its 8-inch counterpart.
- However, our engineers have been able to fit this driver into an assembly the size of our competitors 8-inch models. The result is a much smaller footprint with incredible bass.
- The woofer cone is made of injection-molded graphite which offers low mass while consistently holding the drivers shape.
Tri-Linear Configuration (TLC)
- The Director 10 Better features three drivers in a unique linear alignment. This three-way design allows for broader frequency response and superior power handling.
- The 3-inch midrange is made of injection-molded graphite and the tweeter is produced from formed aluminum.
- The ability to point or direct the sound toward a specific area in the room is critical when the speakers are mounted in the ceiling.
- The Director 10 features a mid-tweeter assembly that can be adjusted to focus the sound toward the listening area regardless of the speakers position in the ceiling.
- This allows for the speakers to be used in many applications. One example is a home theater where the soundstage, relative to the screen, is crucial.
- The seating area can be off axis and still remain in the sweet-spot.
X-Wave Woofer Surround
- While in motion, frequencies between 700-1,400 Hz typically run up the cone of a woofer and are reflected back and forth from the center of the driver.
- This creates unwanted harmonic distortion. The X-Wave surround found in Origin woofers absorbs these frequencies reducing distortion and maintaining driver stability.
- This design also maximizes cone area by reducing the width of the surround.
- As the driver travels to the limits of its excursion, the suspension, made up of the spider and the surround, becomes more rigid, exerting more control on the movement of the cone.
- The result is increased, clean power output throughout the drivers frequency range.
Compression Molded Woofer Baskets
- Utilizing the latest techniques and materials in plastic fabrication, Origin is able to create basket designs with superior stability and acoustic neutrality.
- These baskets combine with the driver suspension to increase linearity and improve overall performance.
- It is important when installing a loudspeaker in the ceiling that it be stable and secure, restricting the vibration of the assembly and limiting transfer of energy into the wall.
- The revolutionary Tool-Less Installation (Patent #9591390) spreads the weight of the speaker over a larger area than typical mounting systems accomplishing this result with minimal effort.
- Spring-loaded clips also create more uniform pressure against the drywall eliminating any warping or distortion of the speaker baffle.
- A switch on the speaker baffle, behind the grille, allows the installer to fine-tune the speakers performance through treble adjustment. This is essential as the speakers proximity to adjacent walls and soffits can dramatically affect frequency response.
- A paintable, perforated grille, with a micro bezel, covers the entire speaker assembly and leaves a discreet finished appearance. Its magnetic attachment makes removing or replacing the grille fast and easy.
Let it Sink in
- With an IPX6 rating, the entire Director Collection is at the top of the class. This rating ensures that these high-performance are safe from the corrosion and internal damage commonly posed by exposure to ocean water and rainstorms--backed by a lifetime warranty.
- Model Number D109
- Part Number SCD100900
- Tweeter Dome Silk DPSD
- Tweeter Diameter .75" (20mm)
- Midrange Dome Kevlar
- Midrange Diameter 4" (102mm)
- Woofer Cone Kevlar
- Woofer Diameter 10" (254mm)
- Frequency Response 25Hz-20kHz
- Impedance 6 ohm minimum
- Recommended Amplifier Power 50 watts - 200 watts
- Depth 6.22" (158mm)
- Diameter 11.26" (286mm)
- Cutout Diameter 10.375" (264mm)