- Custom designed
- Planar Magnetic Technology
- Rigorous construction
- Double-sided diaphragm
|The OPPO PM-2 utilizes a planar magnetic driver that sets it apart from the majority of headphones on the market. Sound is generated by a very thin and light diaphragm whose entire surface area is evenly driven. The diaphragm is driven in a symmetric pull-push manner, and the magnetic system and conductor patterns have been optimized for maximum sensitivity and consistency. This allows the diaphragm to generate very stable and linear piston-like vibrations, ensuring phase coherence and high resolution performance with minimal distortion. |
Unique to OPPO planar magnetic headphones is the use of a double-sided diaphragm, which allows us to place twice as many conductors within the magnetic field and eliminate any passive return zones where the conductors do not work. This results in the use of 100% of our conductor length, which in turn results in greater efficiency. In addition, our flat conductor
pattern eliminates inductance-related intermodulation distortion, common with dynamic headphones, and the OPPO PM-2’s purely resistive impedance means that sound quality is unaffected by a headphone amplifier’s output impedance.
The OPPO PM-2 combines high sensitivity with low weight, allowing it to be used freely with portable devices without requiring additional amplification. Its circumaural, open back design provides the best in sound quality and comfort, and the overall rugged construction ensures that the headphones can withstand mechanical and environmental stress.
These aspects of the OPPO PM-2’s design combine to provide a transparent, highly dynamic sound that exhibits well-balanced tonal qualities with very little distortion, resulting in a listening experience that is both free of fatigue and capable of communicating every nuance of your favorite music.
• Custom designed open back planar magnetic headphones • Propriety driver not used in any other headphones
• Rigorous construction with sophisticated fit and finish
• FEM optimised magnet system with very high energy neodymium magnets
• Large oval planar diaphragm is positioned in an evenly distributed symmetric magnetic field
• Double-sided diaphragm has 7 layers of extremely thin materials, each doing a specific job
• Plush synthetic padding and reduced weight for exceptional comfort
• Clamping pressure 5 Nm
• Nominal Impedance 32 Ohm
• Sensitivity 102 dB in 1 mW
• FQ Response: 10 ‐ 50,000 Hz
• Carrying Case
• 3.0m 6.35 mm OCC cable