- Disc Types
- Internal Storage
Due to our distributor's restriction, we can't sell this product online. Please call (02) 9600 6655 or Click here for Special Price & to order this product.
- High-grade components are housed in a rigidly constructed, passively cooled metal chassis and work together to deliver exceptionally detailed and accurate sound quality.
- OPPO incorporates a range of state-of-the-art technology in this unit, including 4k video upscaling, an ESS SABRE32 Reference Audiophile DAC, stereo and multi-channel analogue outs, a headphone amplifier and an asynchronous USB DAC, 3D playback, 2D to 3D conversion, internet video and radio streaming (Quickflix, Pandora), and support for a diversity of the latest digital formats, including MKV, AVI, MP4, MP3, WAV and FLAC.
High Fidelity Audio Performance
- The DAC is one of the most important components for digital audio playback.
- The SABRE32 Reference ES9018 from ESS Technology is the world’s best performing 32-bit audio DAC solution targeted for high-end consumer applications and professional studio equipment.
- With the ESS patented 32-bit Hyperstream™ DAC architecture and Time Domain Jitter Eliminator, the SABRE32 Reference DAC delivers an unprecedented DNR (Dynamic Range) of up to 135dB and THD+N (Total Harmonic Distortion plus Noise) of -120dB, the industry’s highest performance level that will satisfy even the most demanding audio enthusiast.
- The BDP-105AU uses two ES9018 DAC chips - one for the 7.1-channel output, and another for the dedicated stereo output. To learn more about the technologies behind the exceptional performance of the SABRE DAC, please read the SABRE Technical White Paper.
- The BDP-105AU features a dedicated 2-channel analogue output with specially optimized ES9018 DAC and output driving stages.
- The stereo output offers both XLR balanced and RCA single-ended connectors. The balanced output features a true differential signal path all the way from the DAC to the 3-pin XLR connector. By transmitting a pair of differential signals, the balanced output provides better common-mode noise rejection and improves signal quality.
- By bypassing the low fidelity, poor quality DAC of traditional computer soundcards, the BDP-105AU turns any computer into a high performing multi-media source by converting digital audio to analogue through the ESS Sabre32 Reference DAC. The BDP-105AU supports DSD audio in standard rate (DSD64) or double rate (DSD128 or DSD 2x) via its new USB DAC input. If your computer can play it, the BDP-105AU can convert it to analogue.
- A toroidal power transformer offers superior power efficiency and much lower exterior magnetic fields over traditional laminated steel core transformers. The BDP-105AU's toroidal linear power supply provides a very clean and robust power source to the critical audio components.
- For a more intimate listening experience, a pair of headphones can be connected directly to the BDP-105AU’s built-in headphone amplifier. It is connected directly to the ESS Sabre32Reference DAC to offer a unique performance, rivalling many standalone headphone amplifiers.
Diversified Media Support
- The BDP-105AU entertains with a variety of media options.
- In addition to Quickflix, VUDU, CinemaNow, Netflix, Pandora and Rhapsody, the BDP-105AU provides access to popular entertainment network services from Film Fresh, YouTube Leanback and Picasa.
- Additional disc and file formats, such as DVD, audio CD, HDCD, Kodak Picture CD, AVCHD, MP4, AVI, MKV and other audio/video/picture files on recorded discs or USB drives can be played back on the BDP-105AU. The BDP-105AU fully supports high-resolution lossless WAV and FLAC audio formats.
- Full Roku streaming experience with an optional Roku Streaming Stick plugged in to the MHL Input; Up to 1080p HD; 750+ entertainment channels; Dual-band, extended-range wireless; Compatible with Roku Game Remote.
Unparalleled Video Quality
- The BDP-105AU incorporates Marvell's Kyoto-G2H video processor with the latest generation Qdeo™ technology. Qdeo video processing delivers a truly immersive viewing experience by rendering quiet natural video free of noise and artifacts for all types of content.
- For high-quality Blu-ray content, the BDP-105AU faithfully reproduces the program just as the director intended; for DVD, the up-converted picture quality bridges the visual gap from your current DVD library to Blu-ray discs; for network streaming and user-encoded content at a variety of formats and quality, the BDP-105AU offers enhancement options including video noise reduction, compression artifact reduction, intelligent colour, contrast, detail and edge enhancements.
- 4K video up-scaling
- 2D to 3D video conversion
- Dual HDMI inputs allow external devices to take advantage of BDP-105AU video processing
- Coaxial and Optical digital inputs
- Asynchronous USB DAC input
- Headphone Amplifier – Connected directly to one of the dual Sabre32 Reference DAC's
- MHL compatibility allows direct connection of compatible smart phones to view video, pictures and access music
- A new dual-core System-on-Chip processor delivers quick start-up and fast disc loading speed
- Improved network streaming applications and an enriched media playback interface
- BD-Video, Blu-ray 3D, DVD-Video, DVD-Audio, AVCHD, SACD, CD, HDCD, Kodak Picture CD, CD-R/RW, DVD±R/RW, DVD±R DL, BD-R/RE
- BD-ROM Version 2.5 Profile 5 (also compatible with Profile 1 Version 1.0 and 1.1)
- 1 GB
- Analogue Audio: 7.1ch, 5.1ch, stereo
- Dedicated Stereo Analogue Audio: XLR balanced, RCA single-ended
- Coaxial/Optical Audio: Dolby Digital, DTS, up to 2ch/192kHz PCM
- HDMI Audio: Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, DTS-HD High Resolution, DTS-HD Master Audio, up to 7.1ch/192kHz PCM, up to 5.1ch DSD
- HDMI Video: 480i/480p/576i/576p/720p/1080i/1080p/1080p24/4Kx2K, 3D frame-packing 720p/1080p24
- HDMI Audio: Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS, AAC, up to 5.1ch/192kHz or 7.1ch/96kHz PCM
- HDMI Video: 480i/480p/576i/576p/720p/1080i/1080p/1080p24/1080p25/1080p30, 3D frame-packing 720p/1080p24
- MHL Audio: Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS, up to 5.1ch/192kHz PCM
- MHL Video: 480i/480p/576i/576p/720p/1080i/1080p24/1080p25/1080p30, 3D frame-packing 720p/1080p24
- USB Audio: up to 2ch/192kHz PCM
- Coaxial/Optical Audio: Dolby Digital, DTS, AAC, up to 2ch/96kHz PCM
Analogue Audio Characteristics:
- Frequency Response: (RCA) 20Hz – 20kHz: ± 0.2dB, 20Hz – 96kHz: -1.5dB. (XLR) 20Hz – 20kHz: ± 0.3dB, 20Hz 96kHz: -1.5dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >130dB (A-weighted, auto-mute), >115dB (A-weighted, no auto-mute)
- THD+N: <0.0003% or -110dB (1kHz at 48k/24b, 0dBFS, 20kHz LPF), <0.0017% or -96dB (1kHz at 44.1k/16b, 0dBFS, 20kHz LPF)
- Output Level: 2.1 Vrms (RCA) or 4.2 Vrms (XLR) at 0dBFS
- Dynamic Range: >110dB
- Channel Separation: >110dB
Headphone Audio Characteristics:
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz: ±0.3dB into 300 Ω
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >98dB into 300 Ω (A-weighted, no auto-mute)
- THD+N: <0.001% or -100dB into 300 Ω (1kHz at 48k/24b, 0dBFS, 20kHz LPF)
- Output Power (per channel): 17mW into 600 Ω, 34mW into 300 Ω, 63mW into 150 Ω, 77mW into 120 Ω, 120mW into 60 Ω, 187mW into 32 Ω (1kHz at 0dBFS)
- Dynamic Range: >110dB
- Channel separation: >90dB
- Power Supply: ~115V/230V, 50/60Hz AC
- Power Consumption: 55W (Standby: 0.5W in Energy Efficient Mode)
- Dimensions: 430mm x 311mm x 123mm
- Mass: 7.9kg
- 5°C - 35°C
- 15% - 75% No condensation