- Asynchronous USB interface
- Versatile inputs and outputs
- Sample rate notification
All analog switches operate through relays for the cleanest signal while maintaining a vintage feel.
AUDIOPHILE DIGITAL TO ANALOG CONVERTER
- Driven at the core by a high-resolution ES90128K2M ESS Sabre32 Reference digital-to-analog (DAC) converter capable of 192kHz/24-bit sample rates, the Heritage Headphone Amplifier is the ideal 2-channel audiophile-grade DAC.
- Featuring ESS 32-bit HyperStream® DAC architecture and Time Domain Jitter Eliminator, the amplifier delivers a clear sound and minimal distortion.
- Built for the most discerning ears, the Heritage Headphone Amplifier doubles as an ideal processor of any digital source, whether the output is a pair of headphones or RCA line-out.
ASYNCHRONOUS USB INTERFACE
- The Heritage Headphone Amplifier uses the XMOS USB audio receiver platform, widely regarded as one of the best solutions for transferring audio from USB sources.
- This allows the amplifier to lock the audio stream to its internal clock, keeping the audio stream as clean as possible.
- ASIO support is included for audio software that supports it. iOS (with Lighting™ to USB Camera Adapter, sold separately) and Android (5.0 Lollipop and newer) devices can also connect directly to the USB interface for lossless playback of content, bypassing your device’s digital-to-analog converter.
DUAL AMPLIFIERS FOR BALANCED OUTPUT
- Complete with dual Class-AB TI TPA6120A2 amplifiers, the signal path minimizes crosstalk while increasing total system output.
- Built to have the best signal to noise ratio possible, the chosen amplifiers had to be as quiet as the reference DAC.
- Plug in any headphone with an XLR-4 balanced cable (not included) and you have a true audiophile solution.
- Flip the gain switch to “Hi-Z” for a +10 dB boost in output to drive even the most demanding headphones.
VERSATILE INPUTS AND OUTPUTS
- The Heritage Headphone Amplifier is intended to work as a digital analog processor for USB audio, optical, and coaxial inputs.
- Beyond it’s primary use as a balanced headphone amplifier, it also works as a DAC for powered speakers, making it the ideal desktop companion.
- Toggle the output switch to “Line” and the amplifier will mute the headphone output and enable the line-out on the back of the amplifier.
- Flip the switch on the back of the unit from “Fixed” to “Variable” and you now have gain control through the volume knob on the front.
- The Heritage Headphone Amplifier is designed to maintain the lowest distortion in its class.
- To realize the full performance of the Sabre DAC, the signal path uses relays and analog gain control.
- We coupled those elements with a highly customized circuit board layout and reference components.
- This amplifier will enhance the quality of any headphone or audio system plugged into it.
SAMPLE RATE NOTIFICATION
- To ensure that all the settings on your input source are correct, the Heritage Headphone Amplifier displays the sample rate being processed of digital sources.
- The front-panel LEDs will illuminate in white for PCM sources and blue for DSD files.
- Perfectly paired with the Heritage Headphone Amp, the Heritage HP-3 Headpones deliver the legendary sound of Klipsch to its fullest extent.
- You're not just buying a pair of headphones, you're taking home a piece of American audio heritage that's backed by over 70 year of acoustic technology.