0 review(s) | Add your review
No votes yet
The Goldring philosophy is to promote the accurate reproduction of the original recording, maintaining the creative nuances, musicality and rhythm the artist intended you to hear.
- Frequency range : 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Channel balance : 1.5 dB at 1 kHz
- Cartridge mass : 6.9 g
- The E Series is designed to capture this experience when used with all medium to high mass tonearms found on the majority of budget to medium priced turntables. This is achieved through the use of our Magnetic Duplex Technology and Goldring Expert Adjustment.
- The E3 cartridge, the highest in the range features the same aluminium cantilever as the E2, but benefits from a superior bonded, super-elliptical (0.3 x 0.7 mil) stylus.
- This gives it superior high frequency groove detail retrieval ability over ordinary elliptical (0.4 x 0.7 mil) or spherical (0.6 mil) styli due to its smaller front to back radius. Its main effect is the reduction of sibilance, especially in high level vocal recordings
Magnetic Duplex Technology™
- All cartridges in the range feature Magnetic Duplex Technology™-a ‘dual magnet’ generator assembly which more accurately traces the record groove providing better stereo separation and a more involving and musical sound stage.
- The E-series cartridges have been designed to allow micro-adjustments to be made during production using a special adjustment screw.
- This means the cartridge can be safely installed in a typical turntable because the angle that the stylus makes with the record surface has been pre-set.
- The result is an optimised channel balance with zero degrees of horizontal tracking adjustment required. This ensures a consistent and reassuring performance for the life of the product.
- Featuring spherical styli with a choice of cantilevers, the E1 and E2 models are ideal as an upgrade to any budget, pre-fitted or obsolete cartridge.
- The E3 model with its refined super elliptical stylus is a worthwhile upgrade for those wishing to squeeze even more information and detail from the record groove.
- Colour : Violet
- Cantilever : Aluminium
- Stylus profile : Elliptical
- Stylus radius : 0.3 x 0.7 mil
- Frequency range 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Channel balance 1.5 dB at 1 kHz
- Channel separation >20 dB at 1 kHz
- Sensitivity 3.5 mV (1 kHz @ 5 cm/sec)
- Static compliance 20 mm/N
- Vertical tracking angle 208
- Load resistance 47 kOhm
- Load capacitance 100 - 200 pF
- Internal inductance 400 mH
- Internal resistance 410 Ohm
- Cartridge mass 6.9 g
- Fixing centres 12.7 mm (0.5 in)
- Playing weight 1.5 g - 2.5 g (2.0 g recommended)