- Digital connectivity
- Advanced Networking Capability
- Wireless projection
This have advanced network connectivity and wireless performance, making it easier than ever to share engaging, larger-than-life lessons. Offering 3x Brighter Colours* than competitive models, Epson 3LCD projectors ensure bright, vivid lessons. Featuring 3300 lumens of colour brightness1 and 3300 lumens of white brightness1, the EB-585W delivers truly dynamic images. And, it includes Moderator software2, so you can easily share and compare students' work from multiple devices, simultaneously.
All Epson projectors are based on 3-chip LCD technology for amazing colour, incredible detail and solid reliability. 3LCD's 3-chip architecture dedicates an entire chip to process each primary colour – red, green and blue, continuously. Unlike single-chip technology that delivers colour sequentially, you get full-time colour. The result is vibrant, realistic imagery and video all delivered with 3LCD's true-to-life colour.
Up to 3x Brighter with Epson Projectors*
Epson projectors use 3LCD Engines that have no colour wheel with a white segment and therefore don't force a tradeoff between white and colour brightness.
All Epson projectors list both White Brightness and Colour Brightness specifications, and all have high Colour Brightness.
In fact, Epson projectors have up to 3x Brighter Colours than their leading competitive 1-chip DLP projectors*. If you are looking for business and education projectors or 720p home entertainment projectors, know that choosing Epson projectors means up to 3x brighter colours. If you are looking for 1080p home entertainment projectors, you consistently get 2x and up to 3x Brighter Colours than competitor 1-chip DLP projectors*.
With brightness up to 3300 lumens (selected models), the screen is easily viewed from anywhere in the classroom, even without dimming the lights.
Ultra Short Throw Benefits
The ultra-short throw allows the projector to be positioned closer to the screen for reduced shadowing. This model can fill an 80-inch screen from just 47cm away.
Significantly Reduced Shadow Interference
You no longer need to worry about obscuring the information on screen with shadows cast by your body.
Even when you stand directly in front of the screen, the light rarely reaches your face. With no glare in your eyes, you'll find it far more pleasant and stress-free to be out front when using the projector.
Classroom Friendly Design
These Ultra Short Throw projectors are designed to blend in with office or classroom surroundings, even when wall mounted. The setting plate and cable cover keep cables out of sight.
Wide Ranging Interface
Not only does the wide-ranging interface correspond with conventional analogue sources, it is compatible with two types of HDMI sources as well for digital connections.
One of the HDMI input terminals is MHL (Mobile High Definition Link) certified for mirroring of Android and other mobile devices.
Mobile Device Compatibility
Using the optional wireless card in conjunction with Epson's iProjection app, you can also display and control content from your iPad, iPhone, iPod and Android devices.
Find out how to set up your Epson iProjection app and learn more about your projector and device compatibility, visit Epson.com.au/iprojection.
EASY INSTALLATION AND MAINTENANCE
When dealing with multiple projectors, it is now possible to copy the OSD menu settings for things like user logos or colour modes and transfer the settings to multiple machines via USB/network. This function will help reduce set-up and installation time.
Easy Installation and Adjustment
Epson's original mounting plate has been re-designed for improved installation and set-up. For fine adjustment, all six axes can be individually corrected using the adjustment dials on the plate. Improvements on the mounting plate include larger cable cutouts, center line indicator and ruler on both sides of the mounting arm.
Lamp Regulator Function
This newly added function automatically adjusts image brightness according to ambient light levels and image content. This feature helps reduce the load on the lamp and conserves electricity.
Table Top Projection
These projectors can also project vertically downward, enabling users to transform any table top into a viewing surface. By utilising the optional ELP-MB29 table mount, an ordinary table becomes an exciting surface.
Longer Lamp Life
The long 10,000 hours lamp life# saves time and money by reducing the frequency of costly lamp replacements. When you do need to replace the lamp, it will only cost $79 inc GST.
Periodic cleaning allows Epson projectors to be used for much longer intervals. The maintenance cycle for the air filter is approximately 5000 hours.
- Brighter images – Now with up to 3,300 lumens white brightness and colour brightness.
- Longer lamp life – Up to 6,000 hours# lamp life in ECO mode.
- Higher contrast ratio – Now with 10,000:1 across the entire range.
- Digital connectivity – 2x HDMI ports for digital connections. 1 port supports MHL (Mobile High Definition Link) for mirroring connectivity with Android™ mobile devices.
- Wireless projection – Projection function without the wires when used with the optional LAN card (using peer to peer wireless and Epson’s EasyMP Network Projection software version 2.81 or later).
- Projector control using Multi-PC projection software with Moderator function – Allows up to 50 devices to connect to the projector. Now features a Moderator function for managing and controlling the images displayed on the screen (up to 4).
- New projector control tool bar – Allows user to control the projector (eg switch sources, zoom, volume up/down etc) using the interactive pen.
- No driver installation required – Installation has never been easier (driver installation is required for Mac).
- Advanced Networking Capability – Enables users to monitor, control and present from a remote location.
- Low cost Epson Lamp – Incredibly low price of only $79 RRP inc GST.
- 16W Built-in Speaker – Built in audio with the power to fill the room.
PRODUCT NAME Epson EB-585W
PRODUCT CODE V11H602053
- Projection Technology Epson 3LCD, 3-chip technology
- Projection System RGB liquid crystal shutter projection system
- LCD Panel 0.59-inch with MLA
- Zoom Ratio 1.0 - 1.35 (Digital Zoom)
- Screen Size (Projection Distance) 60" to 100" [34.8 to 59.7cm]
- 74.3" screen 43.8 cm
- Throw Ratio 0.27 (Zoom:Wide)
- 0.37 (Zoom:Tele)
- Projection Lens Type No Optical Zoom / Focus (Manual)
- Projection Lens F Number 1.80
- Projection Lens Focal Length 3.71mm
- Focus Method Manual Focus
- Offset 6.0:-1
- White Light Output 3,300 lumens
- Colour Light Output 3,300 lumens
- Resolution WXGA
- Native Aspect Ratio 16:10
- Contrast Ratio 10,000:1
- Keystone Correction Vertical: -3 to +3 degrees
Horizontal: -3 to +3 degrees
- Colour Reproduction Up to 1.07 billion colours
- Colour Processing 10 bit
- Video I/O - Input Analog: 2x RGB D-sub 15pin
- *Computer 2 in common with Monitor Out
- 1x RCA Composite
- 1x Min DIN 4pin S-Video
- Video I/O - Output Analog: 1x RGB D-sub 15pin
- *In common with Computer 2 input.
- Output signal: Computer 1 only
- Digital Input Digital: 2x HDMI (1 supports MHL)
- Audio I/O - Input 3x Stereo mini
- Audio I/O - Output 1x Stereo mini
- Mic I/O - Input 1x Stereo mini
- Control I/O 1x RS-232C D-sub 9pin
- USB I/O 1x USB Type A (for USB Memory, USB Document Camera, Firmware update, Copy OSD settings)
- 1x USB Type B (for USB display, mouse, K/B, Control, Firmware update, Copy OSD settings)
- Network I/O: 1x RJ45 (100Mbps) Wired LAN
- 1x USB Type A (for Optional ELPAP07 LAN unit)
- Wireless Connectivity Optional ELPAP07 Wireless LAN unit
- Speaker Output Monaural: 16 W x 1
- EasyMP Network Projector control and projector management via network Yes
- EasyMP Network Projection Yes
- EasyMP Network Multi PC Projection Yes
- Message Broadcasting Yes
- Firmware update Network via LAN cable, USB A via USB thumb drive, USB B via USB cable
- Copy OSD settings Network via LAN cable, USB A via USB thumb drive, USB B via USB cable
- Quick Wireless Connection Yes
- Wireless LAN Security WPA/WPA2-Personal (with optional Wireless LAN Unit)
- Instant Off Yes
- Direct Power On Yes
- Security * Kensington® - lock provision
- * Padlock & Security cable hole
- * Wireless LAN unit lock
- * Password protect function (Power On, Network, Protection of User logo)
- Colour Modes Dynamic, Theatre
- Integrated Mount included Yes
- Dimensions (excl feet) WxDxH 367 x 375 x 155mm
- Weight 5.3kg
- Lamp Warranty 1 Year (or 750 hours)*
- Projector Warranty 3 Years
- Lamp Hours 4,000 hours (Normal)
- 6,000 hours (ECO)
- Lamp Type 245W UHE
- Power Consumption: Lamp On 358W (Normal)
- 270W (ECO)
- Power Consumption: Networked Standby 4.3W
- Power Consumption: Energy Saving 0.44W
- Air Filter maintenance cycle up to 5000 hours
- Fan Noise Level Power consumption Normal: 35dB
- Power consumption ECO: 28dB
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- Power Cable Yes 5M
- Password Protect sticker YES
- Remote Control YES
- Battery for Remote Control AA x 2
- Setting Plate YES
PRODUCT OPTIONS Item Code Description
V13H010L80 ELPLP80 Lamp 245W UHE for
V13H134A40 ELPAF40 Air filter
V12H003P13 ELPFP13 Extension pole/
V12H003P14 ELPFP14 Extension pole/
V12H516040 ELPMB29 Table mount
V12H525001 ELPKC31 USB extension
V12H418P13 ELPAP07 USB Wireless
V12H005M09 ELPAP09 USB Quick wireless
- Epson is the registered trademark of Seiko Epson Corporation. Epson ESC/P2 and Epson Stylus are trademarks of Seiko Epson Corporation. MicroDot is a trademark of Epson Australia Pty Limited.
- All other product names and other company names used herein are for identification purposes only and may be the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
- Epson disclaims any and all rights in those marks. Specifications are subject to change without notice.
Equipment supplied by Epson Australia is designed to function in conjunction with genuine Epson consumables and accessories specifically configured for it.
- Epson products are designed and made to give highly reliable use and long life when used according to its specifications.
- With any system, product or device used in situations where human life may be involved or at risk, Epson advises that you should take all necessary steps to ensure the suitability of your Epson product for inclusion in your system, and recommends that you include fail-safe procedures and redundancy support or backup equipment in your system, to maintain the maximum safety margin and optimum system reliability.
- Examples include but are not limited to – do not interfere with any electrical components within the device, do not use items supplied with the product for purposes other than as intended by Epson (ie mains cords, inks, CDs, plastic wrapping) and do not make modifications to the product.