A serious hi-fi receiver to make the most of everything from MP3 to vinyl
- A room-filling 85 watts per channel is backed by a dedicated subwoofer output as well as two sets of speaker outputs - so you can listen in two rooms at once or bi-wire your main speakers for a true audiophile performance.
- In keeping with our famous "Sound First" audio principles, our audio-obsessed boffins have insisted on using premium components throughout in a quest for perfection.
- Toroidal transformers, usually only seen in high-end separates, offer stunning music reproduction and minimal distortion. And the SR10 uses the same discrete output stages as our Azur AV receivers costing twice the price.
- However you like your music, the SR10 has it covered. It boasts a built-in phono stage, so you can instantly connect a turntable; a direct front panel input for iPod, smartphone or other MP3 player - no need for a dock and no fiddling around; and built-in FM/AM radio with RDS. Four inputs on the back let you connect CD player and even DVD, Blu-ray or TV.
- The Topaz SR10 is a winning combination of power and purity, putting far pricier competitors to shame.
"Sound First" design principles
- By focussing solely on the things that make music sound so good that it will make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, and cutting extra cost and clutter, we aim to deliver the best-sounding system at this price you'll ever hear.
- We believe, for instance, that multi-channel surround sound codecs and terminals in a hi-fi amp at this price adds complexity, introduces noise and reduces the budget for key components. That's why the SR10 is a pure stereo amp. And that means better sounding music. After all, your music is our passion.
- At Cambridge Audio, we're huge fans of what these premium components can do for audio quality. So, while other people reserve them for their top-of-the-line separates, we use them everywhere we can.
- The extra power reserves a toroidal transformer delivers means not only a far better bass response, but also a deeper, richer reproduction of music across the board. For pure audio quality and minimum distortion, accept nothing less.
- Our designers chose a solidly built, all-metal case, carefully damped to minimise vibration and maximise music purity. That's rare at this budget.
- Connect a turntable directly to the amplifier without an extra box.
4 traditional source connections
- Rear connections for up to four separate traditional stereo sources (CD player, DVD, Blu-ray, iPod dock etc.).
- Direct 3.5mm MP3 player/smartphone socket
- Plug an MP3 player or smartphone into the front via this dedicated connection.
FM/AM radio with RDS
- Radio Data System makes it easier to find FM radio stations. And there are 30 presets for storing your favourites.
Twin speaker outputs
- Listen in stereo in a second room, or bi-wire hi-fi speakers for a true audiophile performance. Bi-wiring sends bass and treble frequencies down separate speaker cables for a cleaner sound.
Dedicated subwoofer output
- Add a sub to turn your stereo setup into a 2.1 system, perfect for beefing up the sound from small speakers or adding rumbling bass to movie soundtracks.
Vacuum fluorescent display
- These bright, backlit displays are readable from the other side of the room.
Full remote control
- 2 x 85 watts RMS into 8 Ohms
- 85 Watts per channel
- 4 x rear mounted source inputs
- FM/AM RDS tuner with 30 presets
- 1 x front input for iPod or MP3
- Integrated phono stage for turntable connection
- Twin speaker outputs
- Full remote control
- Power output: 85W RMS into 8 Ohms
- Frequency response: (-1dB) 5Hz - 50kHz
- THD (unweighted): <0.01% @ 1kHz, 80% of rated power, <0.15% 20Hz - 20kHz, 80% of rated power
- S/N ratio (ref 1W): >82dB (unweighted)
- Input impedances: 47k Ohms
- Power Amp damping factor: >50
- Bass/Treble controls:
- Shelving, ultimate boost/cut
- +/- 10dB @ 100Hz and 20kHz
- Subwoofer output:
- 200Hz 2nd order L+R
- Level follows volume setting
- Max. power consumption: 500W
- Radio function:
- Aerial inputs FM 75 ohms, Coaxial.
- AM 300 ohms wire loop/single wire
- AM (522-1629kHz)
- FM (87.5-108MHz)
- AM (530-1710kHz)
- FM (87.5-108MHz)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 430 x 110 x 340mm
- Weight: 8.1Kg (17.8lbs)