- Network music player
- USB audio input, Wi-Fi connection
- Digital to analogue converter
The Stream Magic 6 V2 improves on its predecessor, the award winning Stream Magic 6, by using a brand new and far more powerful streaming module giving you much faster access to the wide range of digital music in your home and allowing you to play it back in the highest quality possible plus it now supports up to 24-bit/192kHz studio master quality files and Spotify Connect.
Improvements on the original
Thanks to the new processor architecture, the Stream Magic 6 V2 is more than four times more powerful than the Stream Magic 6 original and over twice as fast, delivering smoother, lower jitter playback of your music. This extra processing power also means that the Stream Magic 6 V2 can play everything from compressed MP3 formats, up to 24-bit/192kHz studio master quality files wirelessly over your home network, or from connected USB hard drives.
All the power of Spotify, built-in
Spotify is the world’s most popular streaming service, and we are proud to announce that Spotify Connect is now integrated with the Stream Magic 6 V2. If you subscribe to Spotify Premium, you can control the Stream Magic 6 V2 with the powerful Spotify Connect app on your phone or tablet. And because Spotify is built-in, you can still take calls or use other apps – the music never stops.
Connecting your digital music and hi-fi system
Wherever your digital audio comes from, whatever format you store it in, the Stream Magic 6 V2 network music player makes it sound amazing!
From smartphones/tablets and laptops, to Blu-ray players, TVs and games consoles, and with support for audio streaming services including BBC iPlayer, Aupeo, and Pandora plus access to over 20,000+ Internet radio stations – the Stream Magic 6 V2 doesn't just stream audio on to your hi-fi amp and speakers, but dramatically improves it as it does – bringing out the ultimate in detail, clarity and quality from your digital audio.
By using our unique digital signal processor (DSP) in combination with our adaptive time filtering (ATF2) upsampling process, all your audio is now upsampled to a high quality 24-bit/192kHz output. Find out more about this impressive technology in the video opposite.
Upsampling Audio Magic
Everything that passes through the Stream Magic 6 V2 is upsampled, using our unique ATF2 (Adaptive Time Filtering) process, developed in conjunction with Anagram Technologies of Switzerland, through a high-end Analog Devices DSP (Digital Signal Processor), to ultra-high detail 24-bit 384kHz output.
As well as dragging extra detail from every source (even CD, Blu-ray and "Lossless" digital files), ATF2 virtually eliminates "jitter" common in playing digital audio files – which can lead to a flatter, lifeless sound with tinnier bass response. Those problems vanish when digital audio's put through Stream Magic 6 V2.
Remote App for iPhone, iPad and Android
Use our free Stream Magic Remote app to bring full control of Stream Magic 6 V2 to your fingertips. Access music stored across your home network and gain full and instant control of all supported streaming services and internet radio platforms, with track information and album art displayed on your device automatically. Deep-level control means you can also edit favorite stations and streams and queue up playlists that will continue to play even if the device you queued it up on isn't present.
- Free for Apple iPhone and iPad, and Android devices
- Full control of Stream Magic network music player
- Built-in support for streaming music services including BBC iPlayer radio, Aupeo and Pandora
- Browse and play tracks from UPnP laptops/computers and NAS drives over your network
- Search, browse and listen to 20,000+ Internet radio stations
- Artist and song information, as well as album artwork, automatically displayed
- Create playlists that work even if your device is off or out of network range
- Add internet radio station presets for easy recall later
Optional BT100 for maximum digital Quality
You can add the optional BT100 to your Stream Magic 6 V2 to wirelessly stream audio from smartphones, tablets, laptops and other Bluetooth-enabled devices. And if your device supports the high-end audio apt-X CODEC, you can stream audiophile-quality music from your device.
- Network music player
- 20,000 Internet radio stations
- Music streaming from computer/NAS/USB
- Spotify Connect integration
- Gapless playback supported for seamless playback of albums
- Digital audio preamp featuring optional digital volume and channel balance control
- Upsampling digital to analogue converter featuring S/PDIF and TosLink digital inputs and USB audio input (all 24-bit compatible)
- Twin Wolfson WM8740 DACs
- ATF2 audio upsampling to 24-bit/384kHz
- USB audio input, Wi-Fi connection and ethernet input all allowing streaming of up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Selectable digital filters – linear phase, minimum phase, steep
- Free app giving full control of unit
- Support for optional BT100 Bluetooth receiver, allowing audio to be streamed and upsampled from any paired aptX or A2DP Bluetooth device
- Balanced and unbalanced analogue audio outputs for superior connectivity
- Full metal casework design with thick brushed aluminium front panel and dual layer damped feet, giving enhanced resonance control
- Eco-friendly <0.5W Standby power consumption
- Azur Navigator remote control with Cambridge Audio amplifier control
Digital to analogue converter: Dual Wolfson WM8740 24-bit DACs
Digital filter :2nd Generation ATF2 upsampling to 24-bit/384kHz. Linear Phase, Minimum phase or Steep modes
Analogue filter: 2-Pole Dual Differential Bessel Double Virtual Earth Balanced
Digital inputs :S/PDIF 75 Ohms or TosLink optical
USB: USB Audio Input USB Type B conforming to Audio profile 1.0 or USB Audio profile 2.0 (user 1.0 or USB Audio profile 2.0 (user selectable). Local USB media 2 x USB 2.0 current limited to 1A each
File systems :FAT32, NTFS
Digital outputs :S/PDIF Coaxial and TosLink Optical 16-24bits, 32-192kHz
Analogue audio outputs: Balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA analogue audio outputs
THD @ 1Khz 0dBFs: <0.001% 24-bit (at volume set to full)
THD @ 1kHz -10dBFs: <0.001% (at volume set to full)
THD @ 20kHz 0dBFs :<0.002% (at volume set to full)
Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz +/- 0.1dB (Steep filter disabled)
Signal to noise ratio :-112dBr (at volume set to full)
Total correlated jitter: < 130pS
Audio formats: WAV - PCM 16-24 bit 32-192kHz FLAC - PCM 16-24 bit 32-192kHz Apple Lossless (ALAC) 16-24 bit AIFF - PCM 16-24 bit 32-192kHz Microsoft® Windows MediaTM Audio MP316-320kbps AAC, HE AAC and AAC+ OGG Vorbis 32-320kbps
Streaming protocols: RTSP (Real Time Streaming Protocol) MMS (Microsoft Media Server Protocol) HTTP (Hyper Text Transfer Protocol)
Wi-Fi :IEEE 802.11 b/g (2.4GHz connection used only)
Wi-Fi encryption :WEP, WPA, WPA2
Ethernet: IEEE 802.3, 10 Base-T or 100 Base-T
Mains inlet voltage: 100-240 VAC (switch mode)
Max. power consumption: 30W
Standby power consumption: <0.5W
Colour: Black or Silver
Dimensions: (WxHxD) 430 x 85 x 305mm (16.9 x 3.4 x 12.2”)
Weight :4.0Kg (8.8lbs)