- Digital Filter : 2nd Generation ATF2 up-sampling to 24-bit/384kHz
- Weight : 3.5Kg (7.7lbs)
- Digital Audio Inputs : S/PDIF Coaxial and TOSLINK Optical
- Ultimate digital convenience and quality. CXN (V2) further refines the seamless digital music experience that made the original a What Hi-Fi? award winner, three years running.
AWARD WINNING STREAMING. IMPROVED.
- At Cambridge Audio, we strive to keep moving forward. That’s why, despite winning What Hi-Fi?’s ‘Best Streamer’ category three years running, we’re still working to improve the best sounding network player around.
- The new CXN (V2)’s increased processing power refines your digital music experience, making it a joy to use and opening up new listening opportunities.
- Almost 50 years of hi-fi expertise goes into every single one of our products to ensure they sound spot on - the CXN (V2) is no different.
- Your music is passed through our unique ATF2 upsampling technology (read more on this wizardry here) and then through dual Wolfson WM8740 DACs (premium digital to analogue converters).
- All audio is upscaled to a hi-res 24bit/384kHz format using polynomial curve fitting interpolation.
- Every song has even more acute detail and warm depth, so you’ll be able to enjoy musical nuances that you’ve never heard before in songs that you’ve heard a thousand times.
- Our engineers spent hours tuning the CXN (V2) the old school way, by ear, which we believe is the only way to achieve a sound quality that genuinely moves you.
- We wanted to design a product that allows you to play any song in the world from any device.
- The CXN (V2) will play almost anything you want. Thanks to its huge processing power and slick functionality from our award winning StreamMagic platform, it doesn’t make a fuss of it or skip a single beat, it just plays your music instantly.
- CXN (V2) introduces mpeg-DASH and HLS compatibility out of the box, which allows for higher quality, more consistent live streams, creating an intimate internet radio experience.
- Because the CXN (V2) supports DASH, your favourite radio stations from the BBC will be available in 320 kbps.
- We’ve included; Spotify Connect, Airplay, Internet Radio, NAS Drive/ UPnP compatibility, asynchronous USB, Coax and TOSLINK digital inputs, DSD64 support and AptX Bluetooth (with added BT100 receiver).
- There’s a lovely big colour screen on the front so you can always see the album artwork and commands that you’re sending to the unit.
- To make control as seamless as possible, we’ve built our own app – Cambridge Connect.
- Whether it’s flicking through albums, building playlists or setting presets, the app allows simple and intuitive browsing of all the connected sources from the comfort of your chair.
- And with the CXN (V2) you’ll find even more control as you’ll be able to seek through digital music playing from your desktop, NAS, USB or Spotify to pinpoint your favourite music moments.
- We’ve completely removed any obstructions or complicated menus between you and your favourite music, leaving the CXN (V2) simply as a catalyst to an incredible listening experience.
- Dual Wolfson WM8740 24-bit DACs
- 2nd Generation ATF2 up-sampling to 24-bit/384kHz
- 2-Pole Dual Differential Bessel
USB AUDIO INPUT
- USB Type B conforms to USB Audio profile 1.0 or 2.0 (user selectable)
DIGITAL AUDIO INPUTS
- S/PDIF Coaxial and TOSLINK Optical
ANALOGUE AUDIO OUTPUTS
- Balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA analogue
DIGITAL AUDIO OUTPUTS
- S/PDIF Coaxial and TOSLINK Optical
- UPnP, Local USB media, USB audio 1.0 and 2.0, S/PDIF Toslink and Coaxial, Airplay, BT100 Bluetooth receiver (not supplied), Internet radio, Spotify Connect. Note: Pandora is not supported.
- ALAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, DSD (x64), WMA, MP3, AAC, HE AAC, AAC+, OGG Vorbis
MAX POWER CONSUMPTION
STANDBY POWER CONSUMPTION
DIMENSIONS (H X W X D)
- Maximum including sockets and controls: 85 x 430 x 305mm (3.4 x 16.9 x 12.2")
- 3.5Kg (7.7lbs)