- THD 20Hz-20kHz : <0.009% <0.009%
- Input impedance : 47k Ohm 100 Ohm
- Weight : 2.0lbs/0.9kg
DESIGNED FOR PURITY
There's something uniquely pleasurable about listening to vinyl, something that digital media can't reproduce in quite the same way. However most hi-fi amplifiers won't let you plug in a turntable directly. You need to connect via a phono stage (also known as a phono preamp) to make the very small signal from the turntable powerful enough for your main amp to work with. But it's very easy to add noise at this stage, which is why we've designed the CP2 using premium components chosen for exceptional accuracy, amplifying the signal without distorting it.
COMPATIBLE WITH ANY TURNTABLE
The CP2 works with all turntables, whichever type of cartridge they use. Like the CP1 it works with popular Moving Magnet cartridges. But it also works with Moving Coil cartridges found in the highest-end audiophile turntables offering even more accuracy and detail than Moving Magnet. Even if your amplifier does have a built-in phono stage, it's well worth bypassing it using the CP2 to deliver much greater depth and detail.
Audio circuitry has been refined with multiple transistors wired in parallel ensuring the lowest possible distortion and noise. A copper shield provides further protection to this extremely sensitive part of the circuitry, limiting the noise that can be injected into the signal. This is especially important with a Moving Coil cartridge because its signal is even quieter and more delicate than Moving Magnet, so it needs even more amplification.
High-spec multi-parallel capacitors achieve exceptional RIAA accuracy - the industry standard for reproducing vinyl recordings. A highly accurate, subsonic filter also removes the common problem of unwanted low-frequencies that are inaudible but can damage subwoofers.
- Phono pre-amplifier with moving magnet (MM) and moving coil (MC) input stages
- Balance control for fine correction of cartridge imbalance
- Discrete transistors for the all-important input stages instead of the more common integrated circuits
- Single-ended ‘Class A’ gain stage with audiophile passive RIAA equalisation
- Available in brushed black and silver finishes
- Multi-parallel capacitors to achieve exceptional RIAA accuracy of only 0.3dB up to 50kHz
- Selectable subsonic filter to eliminate very low frequency ‘rumble’, caused by vinyl imperfections
Max Power Consumption 5W
Moving Magnet Moving Coil
Gain @1kHz 39dB 55dBB
Nominal output 300mV 300mV
Sensitivty for nominal output 3.35mV 3.35mV
THD 20Hz-20kHz <0.009% <0.009%
RIAA curve accuracy <+/-0.3dB
20Hz-50kHz (subsonic filter off) <+/-0.3dB 20Hz-50kHz
Signal to noise ratio using Audio
Precision RIAA-1 with grounded inputs 86dB >72dB
Input impedance 47k Ohm 100 Ohm
Input capacitance 220pF 220pF
Overload margin >30dB >30dB
Crosstalk @ 20kHz >83dB >69dB
Less Less Less
Dimensions (H x W x D) 46 x 215 x 133 (1.8 x 8.5 x 5.2”)