- Nominal output: 300mV
- Dimensions : (H x W x D)46 x 215 x 133 (1.8 x 8.5 x 5.2”)
- Weight: 1.8lbs/0.8kg
DESIGNED FOR PURITY
There's something uniquely pleasurable about listening to vinyl, something that digital media can't reproduce in quite the same way. However most hi-fi amplifiers won't let you plug in a turntable directly. You need to connect via a phono stage (also known as a phono preamp) to make the very small signal from the turntable powerful enough for your main amp to work with. But it's very easy to add noise at this stage, which is why we've designed the CP1 using premium components chosen for exceptional accuracy, amplifying the signal without distorting it.
The CP1 works with all popular turntables that use a Moving Magnet cartridge (the stylus or needle). For a high-end audiophile turntable with a Moving Coil cartridge see the CP2 premium phono stage which works with both types.
DO I REALLY NEED A SEPARATE PHONO PREAMPLIFIER?
Some amplifiers are already able to support turntable connections but these in-built phono preamplifiers are massively out-performed by the CP1 and we believe that any serious vinyl lover will immediately hear the benefits. Connected using a single audio interconnect cable, the CP1 is set up in seconds allowing you to appreciate stunning clarity, musicality and resolution from your vinyl collection.
- Phono pre-amplifier with moving magnet input stage
- Single-ended ‘Class A’ gain stage with audiophile passive RIAA equalisation
- Acoustically damped full metal chassis with thick brushed aluminium front panel
- Balance control for fine correction of cartridge imbalance
- Discrete transistors for the all-important input stages instead of the more common integrated circuits
- Available in black and silver finishes
- Max power consumption5W
- Gain @ 1kHz39dB
- Nominal output300mV
- Sensitivity for nominal output3.35mV
- THD 20Hz-20kHz<0.009%
- RIAA curve accuracy<+/-0.65dB 25hz-20kHz
- Signal to noise ratio using Audio Precision RIAA-1 with grounded inputs>85dB
- Input impedance47k Ohm
- Input capacitance:220pF
- Overload margin>30dB
- Crosstalk @ 20kHz>76dB
- Dimensions (H x W x D)46 x 215 x 133 (1.8 x 8.5 x 5.2”)