- INPUT CAPACITANCE : 100pF
- WEIGHT : 0.68kg/1.5lbs
- CROSSTALK 10KHZ : >85dB
- The Solo phono preamplifier is green at heart with less than half a watt standby power consumption and auto power down feature if the unit isn’t used after a 20 minute period.
VINYL AS IT’S SUPPOSED TO SOUND
- Whether you’re dusting off your record collection or embracing analogue through the vinyl revival, there’s a unique experience to be had from the moment you drop the needle on your favourite album.
- To preserve the unique warmth of the vinyl sound, the Solo phono preamplifier has been carefully designed with a state-of-the-art switch mode power supply and a new surface mounted circuit board layout to reduce unwanted noise.
WHY CHOOSE A DEDICATED PHONO STAGE?
- Due to the low-level signals created by a turntable, not all hi-fi amplifiers will let you connect directly to a record player.
- The phono preamplifier boosts this signal to something a power amplifier can work with.
- The challenge at this stage though is that noise can easily be added.
- This is why we’ve designed the Solo around exceptional components that deliver the warm and detailed sound that’s synonymous with vinyl, all without distorting the signal from your moving magnet cartridge.
- The switch mode power supply improves performance by switching outside of audible frequency to drastically reduce hum and new circuit board layout uses surface-mount components to reduce noise.
ATTENTION TO DETAIL
- If some records in your collection are a little worse for wear, the subsonic filter will help to eliminate low frequency rumbles that can be caused by imperfections within your vinyl.
- Combine this with the balance control for handling potential cartridge imbalances in your record player (that can cause a difference between the left and right channels) and the result is a detailed experience with accurate soundstage.
- This in turn gives the unit the same worldwide voltage for compatibility wherever you are in the world.
MAX POWER CONSUMPTION
GAIN @ 1KHZ
SENSITIVITY FOR NOMINAL OUTPUT
EQUIVALENT INPUT NOISE (A-WEIGHTED)
RIAA CURVE ACCURACY
- +/- 0.65dB 30Hz-20kHz
SIGNAL TO NOISE RATIO GROUNDED INPUTS REF. 1V OUTPUT (20HZ-20KHZ BW)
THD+N 1KHZ (20-20KHZ BW)
- 47k Ohm
DIMENSIONS (H X W X D)
- 48x176x132 (1.9x6.9x5.2”)