- Entry-level, full-range, surface-mount loudspeakers designed for background music
- speech reproduction in a wide range of installed applications.
- Broad 170° x 160° coverage pattern and frequency range down to 80 Hz.
- The DS 16S is for indoor applications only.
- Retail stores
- Restaurants and bars
- Transportation facilities
- Resorts and hospitality venues
- Houses of worship
- Full-range loudspeaker with a single 2.25" (57 mm) full-range driver in a ported enclosure designed for surface mounting in background music and paging applications
- Simple 1->2->3 installation system. Mounting hardware allows for horizontal and vertical orientation with adjustable pitch or yaw
- Integrated multi-tap transformer with innovative thumb wheel adjustment for easy-to-change tap settings from under front end cap
- Shared voicing across entire FreeSpace DS product family enables DS 16, DS 40 and DS 100 loudspeakers to be integrated on the same system and maintain consistent tonal quality
- Can be combined with either surface or flush-mount FreeSpace 3 Acoustimass® module for extended bass response
- Supported by a suite of accessories, including wall-mount bracket, ceiling-mount bracket, pole-mount bracket and junction boxes
- PC/ABS (white), polypropylene (black); textured
- DS 16S: Indoor use only
- DS 16SE: Outdoor per IEC 529 IP55
- Three-terminal barrier strip integrated on included mounting bracket. Optional accessories available for use when ceramic connector and thermal fuse are required.
- Wire gauge: 18 AWG (0.8 mm) to 14 AWG (2.0 mm)
Suspension / Mounting
- Included bracket allows for horizontal or vertical mounting positions, each with either pitch or yaw adjustment. Hole on rear of enclosure sized for #8 or M4 self-tapping screw for use with safety chain.
- 4.9" H x 9.9" W x 4.6" D (124 mm x 250 mm x 117 mm)
- Depth with wall mount bracket: 6.4" (161 mm)
- 4.0 lb (1.8 kg)
- Black, White, Paintable
- 1 loudspeaker, mounting bracket